Friends early labour??

Lyn_no3

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help with this, my friend rang me last night she's 30 wks pregnant and had been in hospital for a few days because apparently her waters had broken, but they said that there was still enough fluid around the baby for her not to be induced or kept in any longer, and altho she has been told to rest they haven't really given her any advice on being careful. She's obviously woried and i must admit it sounds strange to me, with my second my hind waters went and they kept me in and broke my waters the following day, but i was further along than she is now...
Does this sound normal to anyone or abnormal to anyone? i'd like to be able to ring her back and confidently give her some support which she really needs.

Hi Lyn,
I dont really know alot about the subject, but I remember reading an interview with Jade Goody (sad arnt I) and she was talking about her pregnancy with her second child and this apparently happened to her twice. I dont know if doing some sort of serch online about her story might help?

Hi Lyn,

I was in hospital a lot in my 1st trimester & there were a few ladies there with the same prob as ur friend. Apparently, if ur friend still has a fair bit of water, they just keep her in & wait & watch, giving her antibiotics to prevent any infection & doing daily foetal heart sound monitoring & regular ultrasounds. Most obs consultants feel that 36 weeks is a good time to induce as by then baby is quite mature & weighs a good amount too. Maybe thats why they're waiting. 'course, if they ever thought that there wasnt enough waters or baby was in distress of any kind, with ur friend still being in hosp, they could easily induce her ,couldnt they? So tell ur friend not to worry. Just rest a lot, she could probably go for short walks, depending on her condition & consultant's advice.

Thanks for your replies :)
i have heard of cases myself where they keep them in the hospital and just keep a close eye on them until it becomes either necessary to induce or they get to a safe point,
but they let my friend out of hospital and she hasnt got a follow up appointment for another 2 wks... this was the bit that had totally confused me,
but i guess they know what they are doing, i have told her not to worry, she's not having a very good time at all in her pregnancy and says that she won't have anymore, i feel awful as i'm already considering no 4 whilst carrying no 3 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back