• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

liquids at weaning

GBLiz

Reaction score
Weaning Anjali is going well, Im just a bit unsure what to do regarding liquids.

Anjali has been 100% boob fed so she hasnt ever had a bottle, i have no idea how much liquid she consumes . Now im feeding her baby food twice a day she often seems thirsty afterwards , she tries to suck the wet tissue i use to clean her face and so i usually give her a boob feed even after a big meal.

Should i give her water? i dont want to mistakenly fill up her tummy on water rather than milk but she does seem to like drinking it. Im not crazy on the idea of giving her juice and other sweet drinks.

At meal times offer her some water in a sippy cup or something similar. Calleigh has a tommee tippee free flowing sippy cup, so i am getting her used to that with a little water in it :)

Yup, I'd go with water in a sippy cup. If she doesn't have juice or squash she'll never miss it.

When I start weaning Galen I'm planning on using a sippy cup with water only and not going near a bottle and teat.

connor has water from a sippy cup during his meal. he tends to blow bubbles with it and dribble a lot of it, so he usually has a boob feed after his meals too.

:hug:

I always offer Oliver water in a sippy or doidy cup with his meals, it helps with the constipation that can sometimes come with solids too. Although I still let him feed straight after a meal if he's asking for it. I would definitely skip the bottle if you can and go straight onto a beaker, and just give water - what she doesn't know she can't miss, there's not much point in juices at her age.

Luke now has water with meals in a sippy cup too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back