• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

limescale

trixipaws

Reaction score
i think thats what it is. u kno that black stuff that looks like dirt but it wont clean off even with scrubbing and bleach? its along the edge of the shower tiles on that squidgy white filly-in stuff, it looks minging. how can i get it off?

I think the black stuff you're referring to is mildew. I've never been able to get it off. I've resorted to scraping off the sealant and relaid new sealant instead.

Flame said:
CILLITBANG!!!!!!! :D

...and the dirt is gone! :rotfl:

The black stuff sounds like mildew...get that dettol mildew cleaner (around £1.50) it's in a green bottle, works a treat or the Flash Bleach cleaner (white bottle, orange label) they will both do the trick.

If its really black it is black mould. Its really hard to get off. I have it around our shower and I used bleach and an old toothbrush, you really have to go at it and leave the bleach on for ages. It won't totally get rid of it though. The only way to do that is to replace the filler around the bath/shower.

Nicola said:
Flame said:
CILLITBANG!!!!!!! :D

...and the dirt is gone! :rotfl:

The black stuff sounds like mildew...get that dettol mildew cleaner (around £1.50) it's in a green bottle, works a treat or the Flash Bleach cleaner (white bottle, orange label) they will both do the trick.

I used that Dettol stuff too it's great! :D

Ive always found it best to replace the sillicone as its loads easier cos my OH does it not me ;) lmao

pour loads of bleach over it, leave it for an hour then shower it off

i use bleach with an old nail brush........ be sure to ventilate the room well though as u'll get high off the fumes ....

Vinegar, preferably white wine vinegar, gets rid of most 'stains' :wink: works wonders on taps too, just soak it in tissue, put it in a bag, then tie the bag onto your taps, leave overnight, next morning, sparkling wonderfullness, and you know the inside of the tap is limescale free too :D Bless Kim & Aggie :lol:

Redshoes said:
Vinegar, preferably white wine vinegar, gets rid of most 'stains' :wink: works wonders on taps too, just soak it in tissue, put it in a bag, then tie the bag onto your taps, leave overnight, next morning, sparkling wonderfullness, and you know the inside of the tap is limescale free too :D Bless Kim & Aggie :lol:

Yes! I agree, white vinegar is amazing at shifting limescale!

Redshoes said:

excellent tip!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back