Gracie is finally here!!1

Coley

Reaction score
On Tuesday April 19 my sweet little Gracie finally made her arrival. :D :D :D :D :D :D
They had me come to the hospital at 6 a.m. tuesday morn. They started my pitocin at about 7:30 a.m. Nothing much happened for the 1st couple of hrs. They would just take my blood sugar and blood pressure hrly and monitor her heart rate and my contractions continously. My contractions weren't really getting that much stronger so they keep uping my pitocin every hr. Then right aound 1:30-2:00 all hell broke loose. My contractions were hitting me hard. Really really hard and they weren't letting up at all. I tried to breath and focus and all that other crap they tell you to do. Nothing helped and I decided to ask for nubain. My nurse said she would need to check me 1st and when she did I was only at 2 cm and -4 :cry: , she said she really didn't want to give me any thing until they knew I was going to progress more. I lost it then I cried and cried and cried until she finally decided to give me someting. The nubain did help a little,at least I settled down and stopped crying. And an hour later they told me I could get my epidural. :D The epidural was wonderful and I got double lucky 'cause they also gave me an entrathical(sp). I was instantly pain free and a very happy girl.(Epidurals are sooo wonderful)At this point I was only 3cm and the baby was still very high. I was going no where fast and no one thought I would deliever before early morn. So my husband, my Aunt and I all hung out for the next couple of hrs. Around 6:15 my Aunt went to get some dinner in the cafe and I mentioned to my nurse that I kind of felt some pressure. She thought she should check me and when she did she said she would be back because she wanted another nurse to check me too. After they other nurse checked me they agreed the head was right there , I was fully dialated and I could start pushing. I did 2 practice pushes when the doc and my aunt showed up. they grapped my legs and told me to start mushing again. 4 pushes and absolutely no pain and my little princess had arrived. She was 7 lb 9oz and 20 in. long She has black hair and dark eyes and is just beautiful.
We named her Grace Anna-Lynn. but call her Gracie Anne. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CONGRATULATION!!!!!!! I have a long way off yet but from reading others stories I think I will be going for the epidural!

Good luck with your little bundle of joy!

Sarah

Congratulations on your happy news! And, of course, welcome to the world, little Gracie Anne :D

Best wishes to you both!
Laura B

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back