• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Liklihood of a water birth?

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

Now i know im not due to arrive in here until monday but what the hell.. im always early! I also thought it was a more relevant section to post my query in.

I was just wondering if there was anyone who is under a consultant obstetrician (for whatever reason) and is still allowed to have a waterbirth at the hospital.

I was told the other day by a friend that you need two midwives present and if you have any problems they rarely let you have one. Now im under the obstetrician due to my crohns disease but hopefully this shouldnt effect the birthing process. I would really like a waterbirth if possible.

Claire x

i had a waterbirth and there were 2 mw there. the only way they said i couln't have one is if i needed monitoring for whatever reason, or if labour hadn't started naturally and i needed inducing.

this was with my first tho and was 7 years ago so things might have changed since then

Hey sweetie!! Looking forward to your arrival here :D :cheer:

I don't have a clue hun, but I'd also ask in Ask A Mum section. I know Sherlock was advised against a home birth (she had a birthing pool so technically a water birth) but had one anyway without any problems so it's worth asking in the hope that she'll reply.

There'll be some others too I'm sure :hug:

xx

Sorry to hear about your Crohns :(

I don't see how it should affect you? If anything the water should be alot of relief for you but I cant be sure...

My MIL has crohns very bad, and she had my OH and his brother, not waterbirth but was fine?

Sorry not sure if that helped but either way welcome!!

x :hug:

I don't know anything about obstetrician but I had a water birth with only one midwife. (another joined in/sat and watched at some point near the end lmao so she could have work experience of a water birth).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back