Letter to employer about pregnancy..?

SoonToBeMrs

Reaction score
Even though my employers already know that I'm pregnant, they have to have it in writing.. but I'm unsure how to word it. I'm thinking "Dear Boss, I'm pregnant.. lots of love.. that fat girl in the office who eats loads xx" Lol..

Seriously though.. I'm not sure how to word it.. has anyone else done this? How did you word it? I know I have to include my due date.. what happens with regards to proposals for maternity leave? Do my employers propose that? :think:

Hi hon,

have a look on google for simple templates of letters that you can send. I did a quick search and found this link http://www.simply-docs.co.uk/Document.a ... entID=1257
but haven't opened it so not sure of its content.

I am sure all you need to provide are the bare facts along the lines of:

You are currently x weeks pregnant

Your expected due date is

You understand that your employers will want to have a meeting with you at some point to assess risk at work to you whilst you are pregnant and to accomodate any changes that may need to be made to make you more comfortable during this period.

You are free to discuss or meet with them at any time to discuss this further.

Hope this helps

X

They'll also want to know when you plan to start your maternity leave, but you may not need to tell them yet.

go on the DWP (department of working pensions website) in the maternity section.

You enter all your basic details (due date etc) and it produces a letter for you to print off with a calendar etc of all your entitlements

xx

Ahhh.. thank you all. :D

Thank you Mummy Rich.. I'll do that now :hug:

Mummy Rich said:
http://tiger.direct.gov.uk/cgi-bin/maternity.cgi

Exactly the link I was going to suggest. :) Nice and easy to use, you will be sure you are supplying your emplyer with everything they legally need to know and it also tells you what you can expect to receive with regards to SMP and dates for OML and AML depending on when you think you might want to start maternity leave. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back