Leggings

DW1978

Reaction score
Right, sorry if this is a really silly question but, my leggings are getting really tight over my tummy and are pretty uncomfortable. I wanted to get some maternity leggings (planning on getting a few pairs in different colours, long and short, as I think they'll probably end up being a major part of my maternity wardrobe!!) and they are much harder to find/get then I thought. So, can I buy normal leggings just in a size or two bigger?

If so, what size do you think I should get? I'm usually in a size 6/8?

Iam having the same issue DW.... They just feel a little snug around my tummy which does not help my sickness. :)

I have found a few places that have them but have not bought them yet. Think it was Next, New Look, Mothercare and La Reoute... Although they are still only black, navy, white and denim....

My concern with buying normally ones in a bigger size is that they would fall down... but then I am also concerned about buying maternity ones when my tummy is still very small... will they fall down too... :)

Let me know how you go....

Mmm, I have the added problem that where I live (Guernsey in the Channel Islands), we do not have many shops and the shops we do have do not stock maternity so I'm relying on the internet. I've looked on Next, they only have black and they are sold out. I am going to order white and black cropped and black full length ones from New Look. We don't have a Mothercare and delivery to Guernsey is £14!!!

Where did you see the Navy ones hun?

Mothercare had ones that are Indigo which apparently is a type of blue... but £14 is a ripe off.... unless you wait until you need to get a few things together and then do one big shop.... May have to servive with black and white for now. :-(

I am so not sure about he denim ones either....

No me neither, don't really like the denim ones! Oh well, I've placed an order on New Look so will just have to make do with that for now x

Let me know how they go as I may look at getting some too soon....

By the way good luck with the scan this afternoon. :)

We don't have George - the only branded supermarkets we have is Waitrose, Co-op and M&S!

George at Asda do them online, you can have them sent to your house, £6. Or Simply Be have a maternity range, but theyre a bit pricey in my opinion.

I just bought normal leggings in a size bigger when my old ones got a bit uncomfy
and now Im further along I have bought some more in another size up :)

So you should be fine to do that hun x

Just saw M&S have a two pack set with dark and light blue... for £15.... Looks like there may be some options... :)

I came across these on eBay, can't remember the seller name but they had al different colours

I bought mine from TopShop and I love them! They had different colours too

Boo, don't have Top Shop and they wont ship to Guernsey anymore. When I was pg with Lennon I bought loads of lovely stuff from there.

Got my New Look order yesterday and I can highly recommend their leggings. They are lovely and comfortable and really good quality - nice and thick and soft. They are soooooo much nicer than my old ones which were really starting to get very uncomfortable over my tummy. They are huge, over the bump ones though so you may need to choose wisely what you wear as a top but over all, very nice indeed!

Boo, don't have Top Shop and they wont ship to Guernsey anymore. When I was pg with Lennon I bought loads of lovely stuff from there.

Do you have any family on the mainland that could post them to you? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back