Legal advice, bit morbid....

clarey

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what I should do to make sure my OH is recognised as the father of our baby if anything should happen to me during labour/delivery?

I have been reading about registering the birth and it says we have to both go as we are not married or I have to sign a declaration to say OH is the baby's father on some forms for him to take if I cant go...but I would hate for there to be any doubt who our baby belongs to if I were not there.

I'm not really worried about the birth incidently I would just hate for OH to have loads of extra worry if something were to go wrong, just when Bean would need her Daddy - should I make a will?

I cant believe I am worrying about this :shock:
Thanks!!

I'm in the same situation as you not being married to my OH. I've tried not to worry about it too much as his details are registered on all my maternity notes. They're not exactly a legal document, mind you.

:shock: OH and I are not married and I hadn't thought about that! I suppose as long as any family members didn't try and get custody it would be ok

Hmmm thanks for the link, think I will talk to midwife about it next week. There must be LOADS of families in the same situation so I am prob worrying about nothing!

I had forgotten OH's details are in my notes too, so thats something

Thanks!!

The law has changed and the man if known as the father on your notes and then later birth cert automatically get parental responsibility...you no longer have to be married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back