Leg pain?

Jamie

Reaction score
If I've been sitting or lying down for a while, if I move/get up, I get a searing pain down my left leg starting from the top of the thigh at the back! It really hurts to walk on it for a while after that. It usually only happens if it's the sofa I've been sitting/lying on, never after a night in bed..which is weird! And it's only ever my left leg. I've tried googling it but am now scared I could have a blood clot or something :shock: :shock:
I think I remember having this pain occasionally before I was pregnant so I don't know if maybe it's a nerve condition or something that is worse now because of the baby pressing on it...lately it's practically every day :( Has anyone else has this type of pain?

I too have this pain....and have had it for about 2 months... the pain is excruciating when getting up and down after sitting..I need help getting off the sofa..and is awful when turning over in bed... it really got me down over the passed couple of months!!!

Thanx v.much Leckershell..... after reading your links I know im not going mad!!! Thought it was only me!!

I had something like this for a few days during 39 weeks. It felt like it was a trapped nerve. I stopped drinking fizzy drinks and it seemed to help! Strange!

i get this pain, but only when I am lying in bed, and it doesn't start straight away. Sometimes it will start in the middle of the night. It always happens on the side on which I am lying, and when I move off that side, the pain stops almost straight away. As far as I understand, it's nerve pain. I have it really bad for several nights a few weeks ago, and haven't had it for a few nights now, so I don't know what makes it come and go. Our consultant told me it's completely normal - great!

I have terrible pains in my legs from time to time...... on occasion i am woke with spasms in my calf muscles..... so painful......
I have 'low blood pressure' which really isn't helping.... I have been told to up my fluids, "slightly" increase my salt intake, and wear support stockings as blood pools in your legs when pregnant apparently....

Hope this helps?

Also someone told me to eat more banana's :lol: don't know how factual that one is?
:rotfl: lv Yvonne xx :hug:

fynemum said:
I have terrible pains in my legs from time to time...... on occasion i am woke with spasms in my calf muscles..... so painful......
I have 'low blood pressure' which really isn't helping.... I have been told to up my fluids, "slightly" increase my salt intake, and wear support stockings as blood pools in your legs when pregnant apparently....

Hope this helps?

Also someone told me to eat more banana's :lol: don't know how factual that one is?
:rotfl: lv Yvonne xx :hug:

I've heard that eating bananas can help with leg cramps.

Leckershell sounds right to me. That kind of pain does sound like sciatica and lots of us get it so don't be too alarmed. I had a DVT with my first pregnancy and its a completely different kind of pain much duller but it gets progressively worse and your leg goes a funny colour and swells up!! Gentle exercise helps with sciatic pain but go steady!

Thank you everyone for your replies! :hug: michelle thanks for those links it definitely sounds like it could be either one of those! :hug: :hug: I know it's not leg cramps because I have those as well in my calves and it's a different kind of pain.
I'm seeing the consultant on Wednesday (as I'm having shared care) so will mention it then, after that I don't see my midwife till the 25th..just wish I could take anti-inflammatorys!

xxxx

Yep id definaltely say that sounds like sciatica..ive had this :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back