leaving my baby

annaespana1

Reaction score
I have a real problem with the idea of leaving Rafa with anyone else other than hubby. The MIL is desperate to baby-sit when we come over so that my hubby, SIL and I can go out. I DONT WANT TO GO OUT!!!
She has made a number of comments when she's been over about looking after him and how all her friends look after their grand-kids regularly - she's making me feel really bad.
How should I handle this?

just tell her you are not ready to leave him yet, thats what i've told seans family as i got sick of his sister keep asking to have him

Dont let her make you feel bad - and if your not ready to go out then your not ready! leaving your baby fir the first time is really tough!

Remind her youl leave him when your ready.

I totally agree-even if you feel you're being silly, you need to leave the baby when and only when you are comfortable with that-no one has the right to pressure you otherwise!

You're not being silly at all!! Why should you leave your baby if you don't want to? The most I had done at this point was leave Lucy with my mum downstairs while I had a bath upstairs!!

My MIL has always been desperate to have Lucy and was always saying things like "Anytime you want me to have the baby just say". Well I never said because I never wanted her to have her when she was a baby.

You'll know when you're ready and don't be pressured into doing it before!

I know the feeling! I don't want other people to look after him! I don't mind my parents because they know him but I'm iffy about other people including he inlaws looking after him. Yesterday I left him in a creche for 2 hours while I attended a BF peer mentoring induction session :? He screamed and they had a real job getting him to sleep!

Jack was less than a week old when I left him with OH's mum. It was tough and I found it reaaly hard but Im really glad I did.

Jack is so good now and even when he was a baby I didnt have any problems leaving him and he was so placid.

I really think it helped. I can understand how your feeling but in the long run I dont think it will do your LO or you any good not leaving them with anyone else. especially when the time comes wen you want your own space.

My friend didnt leave her LO with anyone, co slept, did eveything for her etc and she is so clingy now she drives her mum mad!

We've only ever left Isaac a total of 4 times :lol:
2 of those being for the scans for this LO we're expecting :D
OH's Mum really wants to have him, and has mentioned him staying overnight, but fact is there's no chance of that happening anytime soon, and unless she straight out asks, I will avoid the issue because I don't want to make her feel bad when I say 'No' :?

I can understand it may upset her, especially seeing as she has OH's sister's 3 children at least one night a week, but I'm his Mummy and she hasn't been in his life from day1 so there's a bit to go yet. I don't feel bad about it but wouldn't like to make her feel bad about it either, I don't think you're being silly at all :hug: very best wishes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back