Leaky nipples!

Chrissy1

Reaction score
ok...bit gross but I need to ask

Does anyone else have leaky nipples??

I started leaking clear stuff about two weeks ago, not a lot only a drop or two so I don't need to wear breast pads or anything like that but it's enough that I feel it when I'm undressed. The problem with it is is that it's not actual milk it's just a clear fluid that seems to dry up in the cracks of my nipples :oops: :oops: many a time I look down and see that my nipple is blocked up with a dried up flaky nasty substance and when I clear it out I just get more clear stuff coming out again.

Does anyone else have this yet or I am wierd???

I've had a few episodes of discharge which looks kind of gross. Apparently it is just the colostrum being produced which is why it isn't milky in colour.

There is a thread in third tri about leaky boobs and lots of people have had it since second tri. Don't worry you aren't weird ;)

I had it last time quite early - usually noticed it when I got up. MW said it was a good sign that your body know what it was doing and is preparing the colostum. Definatly normal!

I have this too, started noticing it at about 20 weeks I think, gets much worse when I take my bra off too, OH has a good laugh at the state of my pyjama top in the morning! One is worse than the other and I have to pop a pad in my bra now to avoid leaking through.
Couldn't believe it starting this early, thought it was a late symptom. Guess it's good to know they work :dance:

Omg i could have written every single word myself right down to questioning the wierdness!!!

I do feel wierd now though because you lot are a lot further on then me.

But i have the exact identical symptoms happening to my nipples!!

I have had this too since about 20 weeks - its nothing to worry about - I'm glad I know they are working :)

keelie_b said:
Omg i could have written every single word myself right down to questioning the wierdness!!!

I do feel wierd now though because you lot are a lot further on then me.

But i have the exact identical symptoms happening to my nipples!!

I've had it for a few weeks now too so don't worry too much.

Thanks ladies.... I'm glad to know it's normal :hug:

Yeh, I've been getting this since about 15 weeks. I've noticed it more in the last couple of weeks.

That plus itchy nipples plus strange shooting pains in my nipples are driving me and my boobs crazy!

Hurrah!

I'm actually really happy even if it is driving me nuts. I have had both my nipples pierced (one has been pierced horizontally and vertically) and was worried I wouldn't be able to breast feed so the leaking is a good sign :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back