• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leakage...

Amylize

Reaction score
I had a thought at the weekend!

I can still get away without wearing bra and dont need breats pads!

I don't leak and havent throughout my pregnancy. If i squeeze my nipples i do get a little milk / clear stuff but only every now and then.

Could this be a sign of me being VERY lucky OR not producing enough?????

x

I'm exactly the same chicken!

I never leak as suchm only when I squeeze my nipple I get a clear/milky liquid from them, only like a droplet at a time...

:S.
I'm taking it as being lucky!

I've wondered this too, I have had no leakage and nothing on squeezing either! Am beginning too worry this means I won't be able to bfeed x

Everyones always told me that your milk comes in like 3 days or so after you give birth - Holy crap!

I asked about this at my NCT class the other day, out of 8 ladies, none had started leaking and we were all worried.... the leader told us that it is notheing to be concerned about and if we were to leak then we would be leaking colostrum which is clear (ish).... I only get any discharge when I sqeeze. Sarah's right our milk doesn't come in until 3 days after a normal delivery and upto 5 days after a C section.... which apparently coinsides with our hormones going mad!!x

I asked about this at my NCT class the other day, out of 8 ladies, none had started leaking and we were all worried.... the leader told us that it is notheing to be concerned about and if we were to leak then we would be leaking colostrum which is clear (ish).... I only get any discharge when I sqeeze. Sarah's right our milk doesn't come in until 3 days after a normal delivery and upto 5 days after a C section.... which apparently coinsides with our hormones going mad!!x

So are we still able to BF once we deliver our little ones though e.g. colostrum will still be produced right?

Yeah,you can breast feed straight away.
Although word of warning that I wish someone had told me when I had DD. Apparantly when you bf for the first time it kinda kickstarts all your hormones and I bled really heavily, through my maternity pad, all over the bed and everything. I was mortified and really worried cause I thought i'd haemorrhaged or something! So I pressed my buzzer for the nurse to help me and got told that it was cause i was feeding lo for the first time and that I was stupid for not having put a bed pad down first!! I was raging, being only 22 at the time with no experience of birth or breast feeding how the hell was I meant to know!
Anyway, not sure if this happens to everyone, but just wanted to let you know, to save you any panic if it does!
This time I will definitely be more prepared.

So are we still able to BF once we deliver our little ones though e.g. colostrum will still be produced right?

Yes we can BF straight away it's just colostrum and not milk.... My MW told me that if they could bottle colostrum then the world would be a much healthier place, hence the fact that it is so important for our LO's x

I never had any leakages during pregnancy but come day 5 post birth my boobs were so sore and it looked like i had a boob job. I wasnt breastfeeding either and so about 3-4 days later it had all gone xxx

I've only ever once been able to squeeze out a drop, I'm a bit worried mines are blocked? Like there's always something there, but it's not leaking it just 'gathers'. And only in my left nipple, not my right, which just seems a bit swollen. I'd just kinda been waiting to see if it happened closer to the time but maybe I should be bringing it up with the midwife? I feel like I pester them for so many things!!

I only managed to squeeze a bit of liquid out yesterday leesey. Before then there was nothing! Although if you have signs of blockage it wouldn't hurt to mention it to your midwife!

I only ever used to be able to squeeze out the tiniest amount every now and then, but when I began breast feeding I had such a good supply and milk flow, all the nurses at the hospital were always commenting on how much I had (I had to express for the first week due to latch problems). I was soo worried through my pregnancy that I wouldn't have enough milk to feed him but that definitely wasn't an issue. My boobs went to a 34F when my milk came in (I was a 34B pre pregnancy!) x

I've been leaking sincee about 17 weeks.. I'll probably tell you a different number of weeks if you ask me again though, as I've had it so long I'm used to it! I think you're just lucky!!

A couple of weeks ago, I was getting ready for work and had just got out of the shower. I was putting my tights on and felt something wet on my bump, so thought I'd missed a bit when drying myself. I was wrong!! I looked down and my boobs were leaking - not just a bit but a full on flow down my boob and bump! I was mortified! OH found it hilarious! x

Unless you are getting any pain, i honestly wouldnt worry.
Everybody is different and after birth nature will take care of it all!

Leesey - I have blocked ducts in my right boob and its seriously painful. Don't be afraid to mention anything to ur mw, if I hadn't mentioned my sore boob, I'd never have known that I have blocked ducts and just suffered. Its eased a bit since I started massaging it and keeping a hot flannel on it though.

My left boob, however, is like a tap at times. Esp when I see baby things! The day my pram was delivered my pj top was saturated down one side. And I got cot bedding delivered and again, my whole left side was soaked! It lasts all day when it happens lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Wow! I've has nothing, a bit of dried stuff on my nipples for a long time but nothing else, even if I squeeze.

So long as I produce when pickle arrives I'm not worrying.
Xx

I only ever used to be able to squeeze out the tiniest amount every now and then, but when I began breast feeding I had such a good supply and milk flow, all the nurses at the hospital were always commenting on how much I had (I had to express for the first week due to latch problems). I was soo worried through my pregnancy that I wouldn't have enough milk to feed him but that definitely wasn't an issue. My boobs went to a 34F when my milk came in (I was a 34B pre pregnancy!) x

Jesus chirst women lol! thats some boobie growth!

I'm currently a 36 E and was a 34 DD before pregnancy so god knows what ill be when milk comes in lol

x

Lucky you, I'm leaking like mad.

I slept last night with a tight (everything is tight when your 37 weeks) t-shirt on and no bra so when I woke up this morning I went to rub my bump and it was soaking. Thought for a second my waters had broken but then realised my chest was literally dripping. My husband couldn't stop laughing when I got out of bed and said "hey, lauren, your milks broken".

I'm wearing pads now and the milk is still penetrating my top. I hate it.

Wow I had nth, not only my boobs are not leaking but they are no even bigger than before and I only wear a bra if I am out of the house :blush: and that's the same size as before pregnancy....
Nth comes out even when I try to see if anything is there :(
Hopefully means nth about my bf abilities as I really want bf to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back