Lavender oil??

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi again ladies,

Basically I work in a Holland & Barrett store and with all our products we have a book which details ingredients, benefits etc and mostly importantly, cautions - including whether or not it can be used in pregnancy. My hubby gives me a massage once or twice a week with an oil that contains lavender, and I have a bath once every 2 weeks with 3 drops of pure lavender oil, now in my book at work it says no cautions for pregnant women when lavender oil is concerned, but after looking it up on the internet is says its not safe to use?!?! I've read it can cause miscarriage and premature labour etc. Does anyone know for definite? One thing after another for me this week :( xxx

ive read in my pregnancy book that its safer to stay away from essential oils in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, if your unsure what is and isnt safe either buy massage oils specially for pregnant women or ask a midwife.

if it was that dangerous u would know about it or something would of happened x

I remember years ago being told never use lavender based products when having AF as it acts as a bit of a blood thinner so can mke AF worse. This could be why its not recommended in first 12 weeks, but dont quote me on it!

Maybe just stay on the safe side and not use it from now on xxx

My friend is a beauty therapist (and owns her own salon) and she said that Lavender Oil is a no-no xxx

Yeah just done an aroatherapy course and lavender is a no no as is most oils. It is particually bad if you have blood pressure problems. I wouldnt worry about what you have used so far tho hun!!
xxxx

Thanks so much guys, I'm just gonna not use them from now on!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back