Lavender

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Crackers, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Crackers

Crackers Well-Known Member

Does anyone know much about essential oils? Mainly Lavender and Rosewood?

I've been using Carex Lavender & Rosewood hand santiser (a couple of times per day at least for the past few weeks, whilst commuting etc) and today the smell of it is making me feel a bit sick. I googled lavender to see if it could cause sickness in pregnancy or something, and was shocked to discover we should avoid lavendar essential oil during pregnancy!

The bottle states that the product contains "Lavender & Rosewood essential oils" - should I be worried?

2. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

The quantities will be miniscule hunny so don't panic. It's more if you massage loads of it in or turn into a weird pregnant woman and want to drink the stuff lol xxxxxxxx

3. Crackers

Crackers Well-Known Member

LOL Definitely wont be drinking it! It's taken me a few days to work out what smell is making me feel icky, and just realised this afternoon that is what it was! A trip to superdrug on my way home I think, replacement sanitiser needed (yep, OCD when it comes to public transport I'm afraid!)
    x

4. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I have an alcohol gel spray in my bag cos of flu season etc. Just make sure you moisturise your hands hunny cos with the cold it can make them quite dry xxxxxxxx

5. kaytee11

kaytee11 Well-Known Member

But i LOVE Lavender !! Im so fed up of not being able to to do anything when pregnant :(