LauraB **Updated - Gallstones For Definite**

Well firstly thank you everybody for your messages :hug:

I've only just got out this afternoon after 3 nights of being cooped up in there. This is the 5th time I've been admitted with these pains - they start in my upper abdomen, but within 5-10 minutes have spread to my chest, all over my back and in between my shoulder blades and I'm howling and doubled up in agony. Each time, OH takes me to hospital where they give me pethidine (though this time I had gas and air too as my breathing was getting short and panicky - great stuff, that gas & air!), then they keep me in overnight and I get discharged some time the next day. They always do blood tests and so on, but it appears they never did one particular blood test, which they did do this time and that test showed that something had increased from 20 to 119 (sorry I'm rubbish at remembering test names and stuff :roll:).

So, following that, I had an upper abdominal scan which showed that I definitely do have gallstones, and apparently there is one in a duct too :think: I don't really understand much about it, but OH understands it all a bit better than I do thankfully. Oh, and I could turn yellow at some point too lol ... this would mean that the stone has found its way to the liver or pancreas, so I have to look out for becoming jaundiced at any stage too :( (Great - just as I was beginning to think I might actually start my mid-pregnancy bloom which has mysteriously never happened :lol:)

The consultant said he doesn't want to operate now as I'm in the latter third of pregnancy (apparently an operation like that could cause labour to kick in) so I have to cope with it until after the baby is born. Two weeks after that I will be booked in to have my gall bladder removed :shock: (I thought they would just remove the stones, not a whole piece of my body! :cry:). Until then, each time it happens, OH has to just continue taking me in for the pethidine, but at least we know what it is now - nothing worse than getting rushed in, only to answer the same questions a million times over by loads of different doctors (where's the pain, what does it feel like, when did it start, etc etc) only for them to look at me as though I've just eaten too much dinner or something :lol:

Anyway, thanks again for your well wishes, and I hope you're all well ... I seem to have stumbled into third trimester without even realising it! Hello everyone! :wave: :lol:

Sorry I've not been about the forum much generally, but I'm only having a month off when the baby's born, and I'm having to work as hard as I can now to make up for it, which isn't helped by these constant trips to the hospital! Still ... baby's fine, that's the main thing. He/she could actually be born at the end of April .... I'm having a planned section, and was told today that they normally do them at 38 weeks .... eek, that makes it only 9 weeks to go! :hug:

glad your home Laura...I can't believe how many probs you've had this pg.

:hug:

Glad your home Laura - hope all goes well

Exactly the same as my best mate cept she has only just gone about 20 weeks, had to cope with the pain from about 4 weeks till 14 (they would not do ANYTHING till she was out of their misscarrige risk period) then she went yellow so was in hospital for a week, then got rushed in and they had to do key hole surgery to remove 2 stones that left there would have killed her the said, she is ok at the moment and can get more stones at any time and like you, as soon as the baby is out, so is the gallbladder!! I dont know exactly how you feel but I know the pain she has been in so I really sympathise with you chicken

GET WELL SOON

Hi

So glad your home now hun, must be aweful :hug:
hopefully the rest of your pregnancy goes better for you .
Katrina

awww hun your really going through the mill try take things easy now only 9 weeks to go wow its going so quick :shock: hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

aw you poor thing at least they know know what's causing the pain and like you say you won't have to answer the same qustion hundres of times.

Mind yourself hun and hopefully it might stay at bay for a while and give you a bit of a rest from the pain.

Aww take it easy :hug:

andavoid dairy (says she who had 2 spoons of chocolate ice cream and ended up in a&e again :doh: )

:hug:

Rest up Laura as much as you can!!

Sending you lots of love :hug:

:hug: :hug: Glad ur out of hospital, so sorry u gotta put up with the pain :hug: Great baby's doing well tho! 9weeks! :shock: Not long!!
Much love and healing vibes for u hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back