Late period, worried?

mulderitsme

Reaction score
My period comes on day 26, today is day 29 and still nothing. I instantly jumped to pregnancy but now I've just watched OBEM & the lady mentioned early menopause & it got me thinking, so I had a quick search & I have those symptoms (hot flashes especially at night / late period / dry skin / mood swings)

So now I'm even more worried & it's really upset me. Could I take a test today or would it be too early to get a positive?

I'm so confused as we weren't actively trying for a baby & although we weren't using protection we avoided the fertile window & were careful, which is making me think it's less likely to be pregnancy. :( :(

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, you're only 3 days 'late' so I wouldn't worry about early menopause at this stage. You can take a test which should show positive if you're pregnant by now. But it all depends on when you ovulated, you might not actually be 'late'. Ovulation and periods can also be affected by stress, illness etc.

Keep us updated x

Thank you! I'm just a worrier who jumps to the worst possibility. I didn't wanna take a test if it was too early as a negative would have made me worry so much that it was something serious, as I'm always regular. I was supposed to ovulate Monday 7th. I track everything as that was our form of bc. But I have had a viral infection so maybe not?

I'll just have to take a test and if it's negative make an appointment to get a check up, just really worried. :(

Hi and welcome, you're only 3 days 'late' so I wouldn't worry about early menopause at this stage. You can take a test which should show positive if you're pregnant by now. But it all depends on when you ovulated, you might not actually be 'late'. Ovulation and periods can also be affected by stress, illness etc.

Keep us updated x

Yeah, take a test asap and as you said if its negative then you can book in with GP for a blood test x

The test says negative. Not sure what to think. :(

Early menopause is rare but i appreciate your anxiety. I worried about the same thing last year as i experienced episodes of flooding, abnormal bleeds mid cycle, hot sweats at night etc
I got referred to the hospital mainly because of the mid cycle bleeds but the consultant basically said regular periods are best sign you're still releasing eggs and therefore i was sent home and told not to worry.
The first month i didnt have a breakthrough bleed mid cycle turned out to be the month i got pregnant.

If youve been tracking your cycles and monitoring your ovulation and had regular periods up until now then its extremely unlikely to be early menopause.

You could be pregnant or the virus upset your cycle, by all means make a doc app for peace of mind but in the mean time please try not to think the worst or worry as worry could delay your period further x

Have you been stressed Hun as this can be a massive factor in delaying of AF?

There are also lots of other factors as well that can cause it.

Don't worry love xx

I've started bleeding this morning day 30 of my usual 26-27 day cycle. I've worked out the day I was supposed to ovulate I had viral infection, so I'm guessing that was probably it.

Period is VERY light though which I find quite odd & thought perhaps at first it may be implantation but now I'm pretty certain it's just my period.

Thank you!

My period comes on day 26, today is day 29 and still nothing. I instantly jumped to pregnancy but now I've just watched OBEM & the lady mentioned early menopause & it got me thinking, so I had a quick search & I have those symptoms (hot flashes especially at night / late period / dry skin / mood swings)

So now I'm even more worried & it's really upset me. Could I take a test today or would it be too early to get a positive?

I'm so confused as we weren't actively trying for a baby & although we weren't using protection we avoided the fertile window & were careful, which is making me think it's less likely to be pregnancy. :( :(

As far as I know, you may take the pregnancy test, two to three weeks after a day you missed your period. However, if you are still in doubt then you may consult an OB to be very sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back