Trip to the hospital last night :-/

Crackers

Reaction score
All day yesterday I had stomach pains. Kind of starting under my ribs, and going mainly across my bump (in line with belly button). It was getting worse and worse, whereby after dinner I couldn't straighten out to walk up the stairs! So got on the phone to midwife and explained, she said to go straight to hospital.

Went to labour ward, got checked over. Heard Bubs' hb, and had bump examined by MW. Doc then came in and felt my tummy, and said she'd like to do some blood tests to rule out appendicitis! A few hours later they sent me home, results all came back fine, just got to take it easy.

Am off work today, but not really had any reassurance from work that it's ok. I know Bubs is way more important, but if I'd heard "Don't worry" etc from work I'd feel so much better. But now I just feel guilty!!

Sorry to hear of your worry Crackers! Don't feel guilty about work, at the end of the day, like u say, baby's waaay more important, and the drs obv told u to take it easy for a reason. Just enjoy ur day off and put ur feet up! :) Glad to hear that all seems to be well!

Dont be feeling guilty at all darlin u need your rest! That was doctors orders :) hope the pains calm down xx

Awww that sounds scary! So glad all is ok.
Don't you worry about work. You take your time off xxx

As people have said forget about work (easier said than done, I feel the same way when I am off)

I think it kicks in eventually not to care too much about work :)

Just rest if you need to sleep sleep, babes is more important xxx

Thanks girls, at least you guys have made me feel ok about not going in!

Xx

Look after yourself. Don't feel guilty, everybody gets ill and has to take time off. Hope you're soon feeling beter xx

How scary, do they have any idea what was causing it?

Try not to worry about work too much, you and your baby are far more important. I do know how you feel though, my work are a nightmare about me taking time off. I'm not the only pregnant lady there at the moment, but i'm the only one who's suffered any sickness and they couldn't be less understanding if they tried.

Take it easy for a couple of days, hope you're feeling better soon xx

Glad everything was alright with bubs hun, you just gotta take it easy from now on xx

How scary, do they have any idea what was causing it

No...it could be just Bubs laying on a nerve or something, or stretching/pulling where baby is growing. I'm naturally quite small so it could just be that my frame is stretching!
Also, I've been suffering with back/hip pain, so it could be my stomach muscles having gone into spasm where my back keeps going...

A number of possibilities, but as long as Bubs is ok I can deal with the pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back