Last MW appointment (Wk 40)

Tulips

Reaction score
Hellooo ladies!

Just a tiny question about the last MW appointment. My MW hasn't checked before with regards to head being engaged, or estimated weight etc... is it normal for them to do these things at the last appointment? I even nerved myself to ask last time (last week, week 39) if she could check if things were favourable down there. She wouldn't do that as there was no point she said (fair enough), but is there any chance she might do it now at week 40?

I know I'm being terribly impatient, but who isn't at this stage :)

Hugs,
Tulips

Mine checked my belly at every appointment and on my notes she wrote when it was engaging, 4/5, then 3/5... mine went 4/5 at 37 weeks.

I didn't have any internals until 41+2, when I had a sweep to encourage labour and at that point I was told about cervix being favourable.

Hope that helps? You may be better off asking this in 3rd tri :) x

my last MW app was at 39+4 (i was one of the lucky ones i gave birth on my due date!) she checked for head engaged but did not estimate weight (she said she couldnt say a number, but that "its not a shrimp"!) and i asked about internal coz i was impatient too, but she said they dont like 2 do internals unless absolutely necessary coz theres a risk of infection.

My mw felt my belly at every appointment and towards the end told me the position and how far engaged etc. I never made it to my 40 week appointment tho as Jake came at 39+5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back