• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lactose intolerance

rusks

Reaction score
Any one know anything about this?

HV thinks luke may have it, we are currently trying cow and gate comfort milk as it has less lactose in it, if this doesn't work then we may have to go on to SMA LF (lactose Free) anyone have any experience of these milks?

lukes symptoms are: He always sems to be so unhappy when he is awake throughout the day and night. really struggles getting rid of his wind, even though he is full of gas. his belly always making grumbly noises, he strains and really screams when he even farts or has his bowels open. he often looks in real pain. :?

HV thinks having surgery for his hernia may have excarbated this. :roll:

would be intersted to have any info or advice. i want luke to be happy. haven't had many smiles lately. :cry:

hi
emily was like this and has just begun getting better
she is currently on cow and gate comfort, my HV advised me to use SMA LF if she didnt get better but i can see an improvment so dont really want to switch her milk
i give her infacol before every feed and gripe water after her feed and this really seems to help.
Dont worry, there is light at the end of the tunnel, it will get better
:hug:

thats nice to know thanks.

i have been using infacol since birth as well.

Hi,

when my youngest was born, he was 4 weeks old before they turned round and said he was lactose intolarant, so i took him off the breast and was given proper lactose intolarant milk, which was horrible, his symptoms were swollen belly, very hard, and he kept being sick..

After 6 weeks they then decide he hasnt got this thing after all, but i was so mad, i had taken him off the breast they didnt tell me to keep pumping or anything, i was so upset, and then they said he had it, this went on for about 4 months, to this day i never really know weather he had it or not, we got messed around so much, my little boys health was all over the place

Hope you get things sorted anyway
xx :hug:

Was wondering what kind of poos lactose intolerant babies have
My daughter has the same symptoms as Luke plus her poos have been very watery with little white grainy bits in them.
have tried to tell HV I dont think this is normal but she keeps saying that they are making formula SO close to breastmilk that bottle fed babies poos are similar to breastfed babies poos now.

Can someone tell me if this is right.
my last baby was 8 years ago so not familiar with poos.

previous to going onto comfort milk lukes poos were bright yellow runny but not watery and had seed like bits in also.

now on the comfort milk he has bright green really very smelly runny poo and it makes me urge! :puke:

my sons poohs were awful... but then we never actually found out if he had this afterall...silly docters just wanted to test on him i thought

rusks said:
previous to going onto comfort milk lukes poos were bright yellow runny but not watery and had seed like bits in also.

now on the comfort milk he has bright green really very smelly runny poo and it makes me urge! :puke:

how long has he been on C&A Comfort?
Emilys were green and horrid
now they are yellow again and her wind has settled

chaelihol said:
rusks said:

hes been on the comfort milk for 6 whole days. is emily on comfort milk now?

i am also trying gripe water following feeds now also. i really will try anything to make it better.

rusks said:
chaelihol said:
rusks said:

hes been on the comfort milk for 6 whole days. is emily on comfort milk now?

i am also trying gripe water following feeds now also. i really will try anything to make it better.

emily was on comfort for about 3-4weeks
ive switched her food to c&a plus because she always seems to be hungry
we use gripe water too, i find it really helps

well we have finally cracked it after trying comfort milk and colief drops we are now on SMA LF (lactose free) and i have got my happy boy back :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

he is full of smiles and is laughing and cooing and obviously far more comfortable. i wish i tried this weeks ago. hes been on it since thursday and the difference was instant.

i am enjoying being a mummy so much more now he is happy :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

the milk is quite pricey but i'd pay 10 times the amount to get my lukey back.

Rusks does your HV not get the doctor to write a prescription for you.
My LO was put on this milk after weeks and weeks of me saying to my HV that she wasn't right and I get mine on prescription.
As you say you are quite willing to pay for it but as it was under the guidance of your HV then maybe you should ask :oops:
After all it is only certain places that stock it ( in my case BOOTS and that is a bus journey for me)
Anyway I am glad to hear you are both enjoying each other more.
Good Luck
Katrina

Hi,

My baby is breast fed and he's also on SMA LF. He's 3 months old. My first son was lactose intolerant and has multiple allergies, asthma and eczema.

My baby (Jesse) was prem and they gave him SMA LF when he was in special care in case he is intolerant like my first son.

I get SMA LF on prescription from my GP. I just wrote them a note explaining why he was on it and they put it on a repeat prescription. At £5 for a tiny tin it's a very expensive milk!

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but it doesn't seem to mix very well, and there's always little lumps in the bottle. It also gives him really smelly wind! Yuck!

Loulou xx

Hi Loulou
I had the same problem when trying to mix it with hot water, had to shake it for ages!!!
I find if you mix it when the water has cooled in the bottle for a while it mixes better.

treena9673 said:
Rusks does your HV not get the doctor to write a prescription for you.
My LO was put on this milk after weeks and weeks of me saying to my HV that she wasn't right and I get mine on prescription.
As you say you are quite willing to pay for it but as it was under the guidance of your HV then maybe you should ask :oops:
After all it is only certain places that stock it ( in my case BOOTS and that is a bus journey for me)
Anyway I am glad to hear you are both enjoying each other more.
Good Luck
Katrina

i haven't asked as i was hoping it would just be a temporary thing really and when he is weaning i may be able to go back to other milk. :think: i will ask her though as seeing her tomorrow thanks katrina.

loulou said:
Hi,

My baby is breast fed and he's also on SMA LF. He's 3 months old. My first son was lactose intolerant and has multiple allergies, asthma and eczema.

My baby (Jesse) was prem and they gave him SMA LF when he was in special care in case he is intolerant like my first son.

I get SMA LF on prescription from my GP. I just wrote them a note explaining why he was on it and they put it on a repeat prescription. At £5 for a tiny tin it's a very expensive milk!

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but it doesn't seem to mix very well, and there's always little lumps in the bottle. It also gives him really smelly wind! Yuck!

Loulou xx

i notice that luke has very smelly poos but i must admit they are not so bad as what they were when he was on comfort milk for that week, his farts and poo were awful then.

i don't find it gets lumpy although i really let the water cool for ages before i make bottles anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back