Labour Ward Visit

First Baby White

Reaction score
I had my tour of Warrington Labour ward last night and Thankfully it was empty. I had visions of screaming women and blood everywhere so I was pleasantly surprised :D
The rooms there are lovely and big and they have a remote comtrolled bed in each room. They have all the mod cons for when baby arrives as well so if there is any incidents when bubba arrives they dont have to be rushed off. The rooms can have a rocking chair and birthing ball in them which is good.
They have one birthing pool which we looked at but I really didnt like the room as it had no natural light and was covered from floor to ceiling in pink tiles with a greeny brown coloured pool which didnt really appeal to me and sealed my decision not to use a pool.
All in all it was a good visit just wish I still didnt have 9 weeks to wait to meet my little munchkin!!

Oh and they have 2 operating theatres within the ward so you dont need to be transfered downstairs if something should happen!!

i've noticed a lot of people getting tours like that. i've never been offered one. is it something you have to ask for?

I enquired with my midwife about them and she advised they were including in my parent craft lessons that I started last week but I am sure you go request to go direct throughthe maternity ward as well. I would double check with your midwife as they are well worth it as you know what to expect when you arrive then :D

I enquired with my midwife about them and she advised they were including in my parent craft lessons that I started last week but I am sure you can request to go direct through the maternity ward as well. I would double check with your midwife as they are well worth it as you know what to expect when you arrive then :D

First Baby White said:
I had my tour of Warrington Labour ward last night and Thankfully it was empty. I had visions of screaming women and blood everywhere so I was pleasantly surprised :D

Me too, there was no one in the brith centre when we looked round and no one actually giving birth on the delivery suite, I expected there to be loads of screaming women!!

I haven't been on my tour yet but the times I have been to the Maternity building at the hospital I have seen labouring women who were moaning and screaming- I wish I'd never seen it because it scared me senseless :shock:

Alex xxx

sounds like it was worth a vist which is good to hear. :D
i booked mine yesterday and the midwife said..'i'll see when we can fit you in...' she was then flicking thro the diary saying..'no fully booked that week, not that week...well you'll have to wait until june' (baby is due 8th June! :shock: )

:cheer: She fit me in in the end 1 week before my due date-was just hopin that i don't have to hear lots of women in agony!!! :shock:

There were no screaming women on my tour either! But there were women there.

The rooms as my hospital aren't very nice really! I'm hoping to avoid them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back