Know anything about getting deposit back on rented places?

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
we are renting at the moment and everything seems to be the same as when we moved in, apart from the clutter obviously and the carpets could do with a bit of a clean (who puts cream carpets in rented house? :roll: ) lol anyway i should say it looks the same as when we moved in, we got a call from Blundells the other day saying that the owner and a valuer are coming to look around as she may be thinking of selling in the future, anyway on Sat night it was horrendously windy ( our door is in the tunnell which is bang on top of a hill so we get all the wind!) anyway our letter box has flew off and broken, which we havent managed to get fixed yet BUT my question is, we paid £465 deposit which we will get back so long as nothing is broke/ its in the same condition as we moved in, do you think the broken letter box will affect us getting the money back? that £465 will be a MASSIVE help to us with buying baby things so we really need it!!

thanks girls :D

No if they take anything off it it should only be the cost of getting the letterbox fixed and you should get a reciept confirming costs that they paid too. Thats what happened in my old place anyway :)

i agree that u should still get it back. in imo replacing the letter box should be their job not urs becoz it wasnt you that broke it.

CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!
I have lived in loads of private rented houses and have always got my deposit back. Only once I lost £40 as I couldn't get a stain of the Kitchen floor! Just make sure everything is spotlessly clean and nothing is broke.
Sweetcheeks is right, if they do charge you for something ask to see the bill. If you haven't cleaned everything they will charge you for a cleaner.
Can you clean the carpets up a bit with some spary carpet cleaner :)

thanks girls - Misslarue - yeah we have bought some carpet cleaner just havent got round to cleaning it lol but we dont move out until 16th August so will have a proper clean up then!!

hopefully should get all the money back then :D

~*Leanne*~ said:
thanks girls - Misslarue - yeah we have bought some carpet cleaner just havent got round to cleaning it lol but we dont move out until 16th August so will have a proper clean up then!!

hopefully should get all the money back then :D

Have a read of your contract as it may say you are responsible for cleaning the carpets professionally (either a firm or a proper cleaning machine) and if you don't do it they may well and it could cost a bit.

Just thought it was worth a mention in case its buried in the small print.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back