Knitting

I really wanted to crochet, but could not, for love nor money manage it, so I taught myself to knit, but I can't seem to get the hang of purl, so everything I do is garter stitch :roll:
My first attempt was a square which when I'd finished looked more like an abstract mouse cape :rotfl: and I have been knitting a cardigan in Gypsy yarn .. for the past year.
Mind you, despite my lack of crochet skills, that didn't stop two people buying me crochet books for Christmas last year! People think if you can knit then you can crochet it seems and looking at all the lovely crochet patterns, it's so frustrating!

I also sew, which comes in handy as I'm rather tall and do 1940's re-enactment. Finding original forties dresses to fit me is very, very difficult so I make my own. I've made a few dresses, a hat and gloves too.

Dragged up this ol' thread. C'mon knitters, show us what you got!

The socks I just finished (ignore the legs :oops: )

DSC00103-1.jpg

I started trying to knit yesterday- not going very well though! Cannot read a pattern at all- need to go and have a lesson with someone I think.

I stitch all the time, but can only knit basic stuff, might get a book and re teach myself.

im jusrt about to makle a hobbi sticvky keep eye out for it

I love knitting too, so relaxing when I find the time! Went for a run over the west coast yesterday and got some lovely wool and spent today knitting myself a scarf! Did knit a baby cardie, hat, booties and mitts set back in school to send to Africa, hopefully I'll be quicker at it now, but I should probably start now if I'm going to knit anything in time for my wee one :lol:

Anyone recommend any good sites for patterns for baby things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back