• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kitty gone to emergency vet *Update*Freya died this morning

Flame

Reaction score
Just sent my Freya cat off to the emergency vets cause she is breathing very quickly and it looks quite difficult for her, she seems ok in herself but the breathing just isnt right. Its costing £99 just for the consultation! and thats at the pdsa! Unfortunately her insurance is void to cause her jabs werent boosted when they were supposed to be

Awww, hope she is okay hun?! Let us know.....poor little kitty :(

They just got back and apparently she has fluid on her lungs and a heart murmer :shock: Got to take her to the normal vets tomorrow.

Flame said:
They just got back and apparently she has fluid on her lungs and a heart murmer :shock: Got to take her to the normal vets tomorrow.

Awwww no!! Poor kitty :( i hope they can do something for her, to make things better for her hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Blimey, my own vet out of hours only charges £35 per consult. The PDSA is really expensive :shock:

How is Freya today after her trip to the vet?

Fluid on lungs can be treated with drugs but there may be an underlying reason for it. Possibly an infection. Heart murmur might be caused by it also. Or that might be something else entirely.

Hope she is ok :hug:

She has been very quiet today but her breathing seems to be a bit better.

I am very annoyed actually because we took her for her check up tonight which we had to travel all the way to another town for 30 mins away and when we got there 3 mins later we were told that the vet had gone home and that if they were to call him back it would have been another emergency call out fee so now my oh has to leave work mega early tomorrow to get her to the vets at 4.10. :evil:

Freya has a day at the vets tomorrow for all her tests. Tonight she is breathing funny again :S

She has Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy :shock:

Basically she could drop dead anytime without warning :(

She has drugs for it but there is no guarentee that they will work.

:( sorry to hear :hug:

Thats a serious heart condition but she should still be able to enjoy life with medication and good care, albeit maybe living a little quieter. If the meds stabilise her she might go on a fair while yet. Give them time to see if they are helping.

My dogs both had heart conditions, one since she was born, the other at the end and the one born with it could have gone at any time and lived to 10 years old :) She had a great life and we just enjoyed each day with her. In the end it wasn't the heart condition that ended her life.

Really hope the meds start making a difference for her and you :hug:

:( So sorry to hear that hun :hug:

I hope the drugs work. As you know my late cat lived many years on drugs for diabetes, heart murmur, overactive thyroid and arthritus and she lived a happy and relatively healthy life until the cancer got her. I have much faith in veternary medicine :hug: :hug:

Im so sorry hunni, I hope the new meds help and she has a long time ahead of her yet!

Thanks people

I think the meds at the most will give her only a small amount of life, like a couple of years but we have a months trial to see if they will work at all and if they dont then we will probably have to have her put to sleep.

Fingers crossed for the couple of years.

Freya cat is currently in the vets again and has to stay there overnight, Its not looking good. After looking like she was improving on her drugs we found her panting for breath and agitated tonight so they have put her in an oxygen tent and given her some jabs to calm her down, her heart isnt pumping her blood around her body properly so she is very pale and has no pulses. We are going to be rang if anything happens tonight if not they will call us tomorrow morning and if no better then we will probably have to decide what to do :cry:

poor little thing.

fingers crossed she gets better :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back