Kids Bedrooms?

Small Flower

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We live in a 4 bed house, 2 x step kids have their own rooms and so does DS (SD is 11, SS is 9 & DS is 2) LO will be in our room until she grows out of her moses basket, as currently DS is sleeping in the cot (converted into cotbed). Step kids are here every other day & w/e btw (2-5 days a week).

I wondering what to do about the bedrooms.

Move DS into SS room - he currently has bunk beds anyway - he has quite a big room, and despite him growing out of toys (its all DS and playstation now) him and his sister's room are always pig styes, and I'm constantly moaning at them to tidy up. I've given up tidying their rooms as they are too old now and should be doing it themselves. I want my son and bump to have gorgeous rooms, but when DS moves in with SS then, its gonna be a messy room and I won't really be able to decorate how I want, what with the different age gap.

I could move SS into the smaller room, and then DS and new baby into the bigger room together - but then I'm not sure its fair that they haven't got their own room when SS room will be empty half the time. Also as I can't decorate bumps nursery (with gorgeous furniture that I have in mind) I'm dying to decorate her own room next year - all very girly and pink! But obv. this isn't going to work if she shares with DS.

What do you guys think? Anyone else in the same position?

Hope all my ramblings make sense by the way!!!

My heads battered reading that! lol

Age & sex of all kids (don't bother with DS, SS, etc lol)!

4 rooms .... what sizes are all the rooms!

Lol! Thanks Wobbles.

Step-Daughter is 11 - she has biggest room (after ours) with an en-suite, Step-son is 9 is he is in next biggest room, our son together is 2 he has the smallest box room - and is currently sleeping in the cot bed. New baby due next month, she'll be in our room in the moses basket, but as soon as she grows out of it she'll have to sleep in the cot and our son will sleep in a proper bed.

Step-kids are with us 2-5 days a week.

Got it? Simples!

Is it visable for Mum & Dad to have the large room with ensuite?
Two youngest in largest room (you could do half an half decoration boy/girl - we were going to do this)!
Two smaller rooms step son & step daughter

OR

Mum & Dad in ensuite room
2 boys in largest room of house
3rd largest room step daughter
smallest room mini nursery

Or

Mum Dad in current room
2 girls in second largest
3rd largest youngest boy
smallest room step son

or :lol: