Kick charts

Bloom

Reaction score
After my concerns about having a lazy quiet baby whos not been moving much my midwife wanted me to do a kick chart.

She said you need to get at least 10 kicks in a day (12 hour period i think)

Ive been carrying round a paper and pen all day and recording every kick. Since 11 this morning ive had 16 kicks. (Ive only been counting the bigger movements).

For those of you who are worrying about quiet babies i would recommend recording every kick as you will be suprised how much they move when you start counting. I feel much more relaxed now that she is moving i was just missing it. Hopefully she will carry on moving lots for me.

My baby seems to kick, punch and roll morning, noon and night! If I kept a chart, I wouldn't have time to do anything but tick off more kicks! Kick counting is considered a good way of keeping an eye on bubs though, sounds like yours is doing just fine in there! :D

ETA - I just noticed that you're further along than me and of course there is less room for baby to move as the pregnancy progresses, so I may also be feeling less movement later on and then I will want to do the chart!

I have a quiet baby too and was told the same thing by my midwife yesterday

I started counting today at 8am but I lost count :lol: I have my nephew this week so have been a bit rushed off my feet. I think I wasn't noticing the baby move as much as I was really busy with work and now that I'm finished I'm worrying about it.

Logans been very quiet over the past few weeks. He's had a mad day today for some reason, he's been squirming so much it hurts!

muppetdaddy said:
Logans been very quiet over the past few weeks. He's had a mad day today for some reason, he's been squirming so much it hurts!

was me again! Logan is not residing in his dads tummy you'll be glad to hear!

Midwife told me to do this too so starting today I am!
She said I should be feeling 10 seperate movements from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. Typically baby being quiet so far this morning - almost as if she knows!!

I had to do one yeasterday as I got a bit of a scare.
LO hadn't moved since the middle of the night and now it was about 3pm. I ate some chocolate and had a cold drink and lay down. I had three very tiny movements and that was it.
I phoned the hospital at 4pm and they said give it another 2 hours and see if anything else happens.
Lo and behold, baby goes mental and I loose count!!! I think the little tinker just wanted me to look silly!!

I couldnt believe it last night baby kept me up to 1.30 she was moving so much all evening it was so strange after really looking for her movements over the past few days. They like to keep us on our toes :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back