keepsakes storage

Xena

Reaction score
What do you all use to store your baby keepsakes? I've been looking at proper baby keepsake boxes online but they are so expensive!

At the moment I am just using gift bags for the kids' keepsakes. Lydia has two, and Alex has one large one but it's falling apart. I would really like nice boxes but I don't fancy forking out for the expensive ones online.

So what do you all use? Any suggestions?

i use a baby boy box that i was given when we was born
how about getting some shoe boxes and making your own?
xx

I saw some beautiful fabric covered big sturdy boxes in Instore the other day - variety of patterns, dotty, stripey etc. I am going to buy one of these - they are £4.99.

I have a big cardboardy type patterned box that I got from Au Naturale but I've stuffed it so full it has burst hence getting a slighly more sturdy one. The ones in Au Naturale are lovely though and so cheap - £1.99-£2.99!

Valentine Xxx

I have a brown faux suede & leather DVD box which cost me next to nothing, its strong and sturdy and matches the room its sat in!!!

I have used a huge gift box (got it at debenhams at Xmas for £2.99 as debenhams card holder) and then decorated the box with some ribbon. Its a keepsake box of stuff from 0-6 months (birth cards, christening souvenirs, first dummy, my fave outfit etc). In a few years I'll do another one for keepsake stuff I've accumulated since then. By the time he's 18, I'll have to get a truck to put everything in!

Most keepsake boxes I saw on sale were quite small and I needed something quite big to fit everything in (Jacob's is about 75 cm x 50 cm)

80ec372e.jpg

f119a188.jpg

thanks ladies, some great ideas there.

I think I'll pop to my local instore and see if I can find some fabric covered boxes, they sound nice :) cheers valentine

Xena said:
thanks ladies, some great ideas there.

I think I'll pop to my local instore and see if I can find some fabric covered boxes, they sound nice :) cheers valentine

we have some of these :) we got white ones with pink and purple butterflies on, they had different sizes too!

We got given one from next but it's not very deep and i reckon it was overpriced!

Im getting one of these for his special things (first curl, tooth, shoes etc) as I think their gorge and they personalise them for free

http://www.freyadesign.co.uk/keepsakeboxes_boy.html

but for his other bits and bats (cards and stuff) I have about 4 of them perfume gift set boxes, I have taken the middles out and im just gonna decorate them!

I saw some great boxes in all colours in QS the other day!!!!

valentine said:
I saw some beautiful fabric covered big sturdy boxes in Instore the other day - variety of patterns, dotty, stripey etc. I am going to buy one of these - they are £4.99.

I have a big cardboardy type patterned box that I got from Au Naturale but I've stuffed it so full it has burst hence getting a slighly more sturdy one. The ones in Au Naturale are lovely though and so cheap - £1.99-£2.99!

Valentine Xxx

Same place as Valentine ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back