Just wanted to share...

miffy

Reaction score
As most of you know, I've had 2 recent mcs at 10 wks and found out yesterday that I'm pg again. Very anxious, obviously, but got myself down to see a gyn/obs consultant this morning to find out what I can do to prevent it from happening again.

Well...he listened to my history, and without doing any tests or anything, has put me on folic acid (which I was already taking), junior aspirin (81mg, one a day) - to thin the blood and help blood flow between mother and baby, and duphaston (dydrogesterone 10mg, 3 a day) - something to do with immune system and what can trigger a mc.

I am with a private overseas hospital, so I know it's not the NHS, but just thought it might be useful to discuss with your doctors. He hasn't said how long I need to take them for, going back for another appt in 2 weeks. So, don't take this as medical advice, just thought it might help.

I know it may not be a miracle cure, and it is still very early days for me, but I have certainly come away more positive in the thought that I'm actually doing all I can to help this pg along. Not sure if he'll do further tests, we'll see how it goes.

Hope this helps xxx

:hug: I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is the one :)

Thanks for the advice hon :)

I so hope things work out for you... Its like im holding my breath for you all to make it through to the safer weeks!!

xx

thinking of you miffy... hope it all works out for you.

Got all my fingers and toesies crossed!

xx

Everything is crossed in my house for you hun!!! Good luck for the future!!! By the way I took low dose asprin prescribed by hospital with my 3rd pregnancy and went on to have a beautiful girl after a stillbirth and miscarriage!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back