just want to curl up and cry :(

Thank u for ur support. Feeling much more positive today. It is so nice to see me, kedi, deedee and carnat all preggers again after our mc's really hoping our beans are for keeps this time. We need to stick together and we will get through tri 1 safely xx

Thank u for ur support. Feeling much more positive today. It is so nice to see me, kedi, deedee and carnat all preggers again after our mc's really hoping our beans are for keeps this time. We need to stick together and we will get through tri 1 safely xx

Amen!

It's kind of nice to know there are others not only feeling the angst of early prenancy but who also understand what it is like to have had a loss.

I hope and pray for us all to have healthy, happy pregnancies and I look forward to all those on the loss forum joining us soon.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey sweetheart.

I know how stressful it is being pregnant after a mc. You have to protect yourself and try not to worry because it won't do you or the baby any good.

I have some tips for you that may help :D

1. Do not compare with last time, it won't tell you anything. All pregnancies are different, even ones you have yourself. Some you might get cramps, others you might not, you might feel sick, you might not. You might have really sore boobs, you might not. Any of these scenarios are valid and neither mean something bad is going to happen. Trust me, I have spent many a night worrying because I haven't had cramps and haven't felt sick as much. It does you no good.

2. Don't compare yourself with anyone else. For mainly the reason mentioned above. I used to get down reading posts saying I am feeling sick or my boobs hurt etc when I was feeling fine myself. If you are not experiencing that symptom don't worry about it. Your mind will play tricks on you and will be constantly searching for either reassurance or something to make you worry. It is very draining but we have to try and ignore it.

3. Don't google. Google has information on every eventuality and your mind (whilst searching for reassurance/or something to make you worry) will twist every little piece of information you read and you'll end up worrying. If you have a concern speak to the GP or your midwife.

4. Trust in your body to do it's job. I really struggled with this and thought a lot about things that might be wrong with me that means I can't carry a pregnancy.

5. Trust in the statistics. Having 2 miscarriages in a row is really very rare. You have a much greater chance of going on to have a baby after a mc than you do of having another mc.

6. Take each day as it comes. Each day ticked off without incident is a day closer to meeting your LO. If things are going to go wrong, then trust your body will give you a sign. I worried immensely that the baby had died and I was going to find out at the scan. MMC are very rare, even though I technically had one my body did give signs that there was something wrong.

7. Have a scan if you think it will reassure you. I am of a split opinion on early scans after a conversation with my midwife. If you think seeing your baby will reassure you and you won't worry again afterwards then that's great. I however worked myself up into a right state before the 10 week one I had and then again at the 12 week one. This was because my mind was constantly searching for 'bad news' utlimately.

I somehow managed to survive the first 8 weeks so you can too hun. My body and mind went into protection mode. I effectively tried as hard as I could to ignore the fact that I was pregnant. I didn't go to the docs until 6 weeks odd. I didn't read my books/information. I didn't tell anyone. I went to the midwife late on and didn't read the information she gave me or send off the forms she asked me to send until afterwards. Last time I fully submerged myself in all of these things and it made it very hard to deal with a mc because I was so wrapped up in being pregnant. I guess this was just my way of protecting myself against the worst. It has helped in other ways because I am only now starting to accept I am pregnant and I am almost halfway through.

Big hugs lovely. :hug: I am sure it will all be fine this time. xxxx

:hugs: Thinking of you hon.

Never feel silly for the way you are feeling, you have every right to feel concerned. I don't think I can add anything else as the other ladies who have experienced your heartache have sent reassuring advice but I would concentrate on the good stuff. My OH SIL is due in January and she was very worried at the beginning, I felt so much for her that I bought her a pregnancy journal which I think helps to keep you positive. It was so cute, the first page was 'how we me' and you could stick photos of the mummy and daddy and so on. Might not work for you but doing things like that might make you feel more confident and happy.

I believe being very emotional is a very common pregnancy symtom so you cry and laugh hysterically all you want. :)

xxxx

thank u TORino, I really appreciate ur post back. I will try all of those things. I have a mmc too at 11 weeks but I had loads of signs that maybe something wasn't right, so far everything seems to be so much better this time around. I am hating myself now for testing so early it really adds to the stress, I have known a week today, so was only at most 3+3 weeks then, pretty scary stuff!! But must be a good thing :) xxx

thank u TORino, I really appreciate ur post back. I will try all of those things. I have a mmc too at 11 weeks but I had loads of signs that maybe something wasn't right, so far everything seems to be so much better this time around. I am hating myself now for testing so early it really adds to the stress, I have known a week today, so was only at most 3+3 weeks then, pretty scary stuff!! But must be a good thing :) xxx

No worries lovely. Keep yourself busy for the next few weeks to distract yourself from the worrying.

And just think, you are now a week closer than you were last week :D

I have a good feeling about this one for you hun, and the odds really are in your favour. :hug: xxx

Hey sweetheart.

I know how stressful it is being pregnant after a mc. You have to protect yourself and try not to worry because it won't do you or the baby any good.

1. Do not compare with last time, it won't tell you anything. All pregnancies are different, even ones you have yourself. Some you might get cramps, others you might not, you might feel sick, you might not. You might have really sore boobs, you might not. Any of these scenarios are valid and neither mean something bad is going to happen. Trust me, I have spent many a night worrying because I haven't had cramps and haven't felt sick as much. It does you no good.

2. Don't compare yourself with anyone else. For mainly the reason mentioned above. I used to get down reading posts saying I am feeling sick or my boobs hurt etc when I was feeling fine myself. If you are not experiencing that symptom don't worry about it. Your mind will play tricks on you and will be constantly searching for either reassurance or something to make you worry. It is very draining but we have to try and ignore it.

3. Don't google. Google has information on every eventuality and your mind (whilst searching for reassurance/or something to make you worry) will twist every little piece of information you read and you'll end up worrying. If you have a concern speak to the GP or your midwife.

4. Trust in your body to do it's job. I really struggled with this and thought a lot about things that might be wrong with me that means I can't carry a pregnancy.

5. Trust in the statistics. Having 2 miscarriages in a row is really very rare. You have a much greater chance of going on to have a baby after a mc than you do of having another mc.

6. Take each day as it comes. Each day ticked off without incident is a day closer to meeting your LO. If things are going to go wrong, then trust your body will give you a sign. I worried immensely that the baby had died and I was going to find out at the scan. MMC are very rare, even though I technically had one my body did give signs that there was something wrong.

7. Have a scan if you think it will reassure you. I am of a split opinion on early scans after a conversation with my midwife. If you think seeing your baby will reassure you and you won't worry again afterwards then that's great. I however worked myself up into a right state before the 10 week one I had and then again at the 12 week one. This was because my mind was constantly searching for 'bad news' utlimately.

I somehow managed to survive the first 8 weeks so you can too hun. My body and mind went into protection mode. I effectively tried as hard as I could to ignore the fact that I was pregnant. I didn't go to the docs until 6 weeks odd. I didn't read my books/information. I didn't tell anyone. I went to the midwife late on and didn't read the information she gave me or send off the forms she asked me to send until afterwards. Last time I fully submerged myself in all of these things and it made it very hard to deal with a mc because I was so wrapped up in being pregnant. I guess this was just my way of protecting myself against the worst. It has helped in other ways because I am only now starting to accept I am pregnant and I am almost halfway through.

Very wise words TORino

xxxx

Hey sweetheart.

Sorry to jump in here but these words have really helped me. I had a mmc as 12 weeks, followed by a mc at 10 weeks and im absolutely petrified something will go wrong this time. What you said though about being pregnant after a mc makes so much sense< im just finding it hard to be logical at the moment. I'm so glad im not alone and that there are others on here for support. Thank you! :thanks: :hugs:

TORino your words have also helped me so much. I had MMC in January. Discovered at 9 weeks that LO only measured 6w3. I know myself that this pregnancy feels completely different, right from getting BFP the day before AF was due, last time didn't get positive until AF 6 days late. Still am scared stupid that something will go wrong again and really don't know who I would cope. I do keep trying to be positive but so hard.

I am glad I have helped a few ladies who have read this. That's great. :D

It is such a worrying time being pregnant after suffering a mc but we have to try and be positive and rational, however hard that might be.

xxx

awww sweety you have every right to feel that way i know i will be terrified. you know we are all here for you hunny xxx big hugs i hope you are ok xx

oh and google is the DEVIL never google anything to do with pregancy YUCK it makes you crazy so stay off it missy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back