Just Not Sure

badtasteinmusi

Reaction score
Hi,
Hubby and I don't know what we are having yet but we have been discussing names. Hubby is Robert, I call him Rob but his family call him Robert. His dad is Robert but gets called Rab and his cousin (another Robert) is called Bert. Hubby likes the idea of calling bubba Robert. I'm not against it in principal but I just don't know what I was would actually call bubba on a day to day basis. I'm not comfy calling someone Robert and I don't like Bob, Bobby or Robbie. We will probably go for David John as middle names as that is my dad's name and my (deceased) brothers name.
Any ideas on what to do?

Oh gosh thats a bit awkward to have such a well used name!
Im not sure how youd manage that one, but my dad is simon christopher, decided he didnt like simon when got to be an adult so changed them round to chris as first name, then had my brother who they called christopher, then my two cousins were born ( i only have two, twins) the boy was named christopher!! Everything got so confusing, the were called big chris , christopher and little chris, just a nightmare i thought so its not something i could have done.

Good luck, perhaps it will be s pink bundle and give you a few more years to get round this one!!

Last edited:
we have many barbaras and anne's in our family and they tend to get "little ann" or "little barbara" something to consider if naming a child a well used family name.

That's a hard one... Especially if you don't like any of the other nicknames for Robert! Maybe Bertie? If you don't think it's too close to Bert?

Or you could call him by his middle name? By any chance your last name doesn't start with J does it? You could call him RJ if it was... J last names always form good nicknames, my OHs is an RJ, not that he gets called that, but I'm guessing my son will be CJ to his friends at one stage.

Hope you find a way to figure it out... Otherwise maybe switch the names around and have David or John as a first name and Robert as one of the middle names?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back