just had the reassurance I needed....

Dinky

Reaction score
I've finally had a day off!!!!! A day at home, on my own to catch up on some much needed napping/sky +ing!!!! However, I was getting a little worried as I havent felt my baby move all day until a couple of minutes ago. She normally has a kick about in the mornings when my OH gets up for work (I think his alarm wakes her up - doesnt bode well for our future!!) but she didnt this morning and I feel her a little throughout the day then she has a mad half hour or so around 10pm. I have just felt a little rumble in there so I'm hoping thats her just reassuring Mummy that she's there and awake :) if I don't feel any more today should I call MW tomorrow do you think?

If you don't feel any more by this evening you should ring labour ward. It's probably just that your having a quiet day so baby is to! But they do say you should feel 10 movements a day once your 28 weeks. xx

i'd definitely give them a call later if you havent felt any more movement or even your usual movement - as its not just a reduction in movement but a change in movement (if declining) that they like to get you checked over for.

To put your mind at rest, i had a day of reduced movement around 29 weeks so the same time as you and turned out all was fine - probably just having a growth spurt hence being quiet.

The other thing to try is have a cold drink and lie on your left hand side for 30 minutes - if you phone up labour ward, they usually ask you to do that before they ask you to go in.

If you do go in, they'll attach you to the ctg for 20 minutes or so - its actually nice to hear baby heartbeat again x

Thank you ladies. Will wait until my OH comes home and try having that cold drink. I find that she perks up after I've had something to eat so will do that after dinner and see how the evening pans out. I reckon she's saving all of her energy up for Thursday as I have a scan and the one I had two weeks ago she had hiccups throughout. I can see her being a little monkey through this scan too!x

Well after having a cold fizzy drink and laying on my side I felt nothing! I waited for OH to come home and we ate dinner together and I expressed my concerns to him, he didn't seem to be worried and quite rightly so because at about 10pm my lovely dainty little lady kicked the living daylights out of me for about 10-15 minutes or so!!!!x

Good to know, I tried to go to the GP when I felt lessmovement and she was confused about whether she felt my heart rate or the babies with the heart monitor. Suffice to say I've just ordered my own heart monitor just waiting for it to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back