More hospital visits

Miracle babe

Reaction score
Ended up back at the hospital last night as baby had barely moved all day. By the time we got there at 10pm I was really distressed as he usually wakes up in the car but felt nothing on route at all. Had tried the fizzy drink, chocolate, having a bath and still nothing then as soon as they put me on the monitor he decided to do the bloody can can, felt like he was pointing and laughing at me, felt a real prat. However the midwives were so lovely and they have arranged for me to come in tomorrow for another monitor and they want to scan me as extended periods of non movement can be indicative of less or more amnio fluid although usually its just as a reassurance thing. I feel such an idiot. I've been generally so calm throughout this pregnancy and have really tried not to freak out and now at the final hurdle I'm falling apart. I dont think it helps that I still dont know how this little (not so little guy) is gonna arrive. Wish they'd tell me where the exit is as I feel like I'm hanging in limbo.

aww hun dont feel stupid, its much better to be on the safe side.

youre close to the end now so you'll be meeting your LO soon enough

try not to worry

izzyx

aww miracle babe i often feel like i don't like this ride anymore and i want to get off but i think its normal.
Try and stay calm and don't think about the birth until the time arises.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would have freaked out too hun. Im glad you are having a scan - it should reassure you that baby is all good.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww Miracle babe, I kind of know how you are feeling. this last stretch for me is also proving very stressful. I'm glad you had some great midwives supporting you yesterday as this can make all the difference. I was supposed to go in and be closely monitered last Friday for two days and noone even tok my blood pressure because they were too busy :shock:

When will you find out how you will deliver? I have an appointment with my consultant on Thursday and I now just need to know when I will be having my LO because the longer she's in me after 36 weeks the higher risk of a stillbirth.

Don't you think the worry takes all the excitement out of having your baby? I just want her here so I no longer have to worry, I remember Anne Marie saying the same before her little girl was born too.

I hope all goes ok today. Can you be a bit pushy about how you'd like to give birth? I know I acted like a real diva at the hospital last week but I finally got what I wanted. At the end of the day they are our babies and we should be able to make the important decisions about them before and after they are born.

:hug:

Miracle Babe you were right to be concerned, fortunately all is okay but what if it wasn't - lets not go there! I don't think anyone thinks you were nuts to have done what you did, there have actually been occasions were I wasn't sure when last I felt baby move and like you did various things to make the little fellar boop about.
Just care of yourself and the LO I know it's easier said than done but try and enjoy the last few weeks (hahaha! says she who can't wait to get this little monster out!!!!). :hug:

Sorry you have had a bit of a scare miracle babe, you'd think we'd get used to the worry of pregnancy now we are this far along, but I too have found that I am getting worse with time. Hope you get all the reassurance you need - don't feel guilty for being concerned.

Thank you so much everyone for your support. Dont honestly know what I'd do without this place. My hospital visit turned into a bit of a farce to be honest. Firstly they put the monitor on and junior was REALLY ACTIVE heartrate of 180 :shock: and basically doing a club 18-30 holiday thing, then he got hiccups so the trace wasnt good. 40 mins later they told me they needed to see extremes of rest and movement so I was sent off to the hospital canteen for some food to see if he settled down. After consuming what tried to pass as macaroni cheese I returned to the ward but by this time junior was all partied out and basically didnt move a muscle for 40 mins just snoozed away happily at a heartrate of 140 :roll: By this time I was desperate so ended up standing up withthe monitor strapped on and dancing a bit to shake his world up (poor little guy, what a mother). He eventually dained to thrust a token foot into the equation which they were sort of happy with and sent me home. I'm back there again tomorrow morning at 11 for a follow up scan and hopefully some answers as to where the exit is :? .
As you all say it feels like we should be past worrying by this stage but it never seems to get any easier. I cant wait for junior to arrive now as I'm really buckling under the weight of carrying the responsibility for his welfare all on my own :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back