Just had the biggest shock ever...

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
We were sitting watching tv when there was the most awful bang..it sounded like something had hit the roof or someone was kicking in front door...

OH ran upstairs and the radiator had fallen off the wall in the bedroom...we decorated last year and my bro in law fitted us a nice radiator in there...

Picture141.jpg

It had fallen off the wall and was on the bed :shock: Water was pouring through the floor and through the ceiling into the living room....

The water set the electric smoke alarms off, so the noise was unbearable, OH was in a panic, and I was so shocked, I stood in hall having a terrible panic attack....

Luckily bro in law (who is a plumber) lives round corner, and came immediately...

I am so upset, we have worked so hard to get house lovely for our little one and now theres a terrible mess..and I could go into labour at any time..

I just thank God it didnt happen an hour or two later, we would of been in bed, and it would of landed on us..its a tall heavy radiator, and would of been nasty..

Sorry for moaning, it was such a shock :cry:

bloody hell imagine if you were in bed :eek:

what a nightmare you have a beautiful home too.

im sure your house will still be perfect and cosey for your new baby

Ooh Zoe, that's terrible! Must've been such a shock. I'm surprised it hasn't sent you in to labour?!

CRIKEY.... suprised the shock iddnt start you off!!! :l

hope ur ok hunny :hug:

just thank god you werent in bed!! :hug:

Jeez! Poor you hun!! So glad u wasnt in bed!! Would have been nasty!!!
Plus you may have got excited feeling the water at first lol (waters breaking) :lol:

It looks lovely in the pic hun, just a shame it ruined your bed! And ceiling!! :hug: :hug:

((((((((Zoe))))))))) That sounds awful! So glad you weren't in bed! At least you're all 3 of you safe, it does sound really upsetting :hug:

Get all the boys round to clear up & redecorate for you :hug: I hope it all gets fixed soon hun :hug:

sooooooooooo glad u werent in bed zoe!!!!
im sure ur home will b lovely for when LO arrives!!

Thanks gals...bit calmer today..its not so bad in the cold light of day.
Carpet is drying our nicely and living room ceiling didnt come in, but wil need re painting.

Radiator is damaged beyond repair, it twisted and buckled coming off wall :shock: , and we have no radiator in bedroom, luckily we have an electric one we can use for now, but for last night OH insisted I slept in a sleeping bag, under the duvet as he didnt want me getting cold :roll:

The boiler isnt working, there still must be a leak, and the pressure has dropped so theres no heating and hot water, I am huddled infront of gas fire, and we are boiling kettles for hot water..My bro in law isnt local today but luckily I work for a Housing Association, and rang a pal there who is coming to sort at lunch time...

I am dreading going into labour with no hot water!!!!! How will I immac my hairy mary if I cant get in the shower!!!!????? :shock: :rotfl:

Thanks for all your kind wishes, I kinda feel silly for being so upset last night, but on a positive note we are all safe, no one was hurt and itsnt nothing that cant be sorted....

Dionne, :hug: Thanks, you have a beautiful home too. :hug: xxx

I shouldnt laugh its not funny but I always seem to in these instances but my that was a lovely radiator when it was intact LOL and im glad ur okies and no1 was hurt :D

oh zoe glad no one was hurt. did the shock not help get that labour started! :talkhand:

I thought it would Rusks there was that much adraneline running thorugh me, I was so upset i couldnt breathe....I was worried I had hurt the baby afterwards..but s/he was soon kicking away, happy enough and probably wondering what all the fuss was about :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back