Just had 34 week check + question about engagement?

Constantstar

Reaction score
Hi ladies just been midwife for my 34 week check and she said:

1. She THINKS baby is head down but can feel something by my left rib. If they can't decide at next 36 week check with doc they may send me for a scan

2. Baby is sitting so high up she def said he is causing the heartburn And it's likely that I'm near the end of the pregnancy nothing will shift it!

3. Baby is not engaged at all??! Is this bad????

Ta in advance :) x

Is this your first? If so I'm pretty sure it head engaged later in first preg, and at 34 wks I wouldn't be worried, baby will get into position when he/she is ready. xx

I wouldn't worry about baby not being engaged yet. I've read that baby can engage during labour! xxx

i wouldnt worry hun. i have also read that some babys dont engage until labour. xxx

Hi hun

Don't worry about baby not engaging as yet as babys can leave it till last min, in first pregnancies baby usually does engage earlier but there are no rules, if ur babys high then that's y it can take a matter of days or a day for him to drop n engage, x x glad alls well x

Hey, I wasn't engaged at 33 weeks... but three weeks later with frozen peas applied to top of belly, doggy postition excersises and gently pushing for baby to move; she is now head down (hopefully she will stay there now)...

I wouldn't worry to much at this time... baby may turn at the time it needs to.. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back