• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just had 16 week appt :)

SunnyGirl

Reaction score
And all went well :yay:
Blood sugar normal and BP normal - very pleased :)
She didn't listen to the HB but that's OK - I have faith that all is going well. I think I've been feeling flutters and am happy enough that all is fine with wee one.
I'm getting an extra MW appt because of all the work stress I've been under - just someone to talk to. Really impressed with that, actually.

Happy days :D
xx

:yay: Glad all is going well for you sunny! My MW appt was the same, all ok and no getting to hear the heartbeat. I wont get that til I see her again in July! Its great your getting an extra appt tho. I know how your feeling about your work. :hugs: xx

Hello lovely! Ahh glad your MW appt also went really well - such a relief, isn't it!! When in July do you next see MW? Your 20 week scan must be coming up.
Aw I hope you're not getting hassle off your work - did you get your risk asst done in the end?
xxx

My scan is on the 25th! Cant wait for that!!! Not had my RA yet, will kick my managers backside into gear when I go back to work tomorrow!! Baby brain has kicked in and I haven't got a clue when my MW appt is!! Its written on my notes....somewhere!! x

Yeah kick BUM - they need to be making sure you're OK. Flip sake! (At them not you!!)
xxx

And all went well :yay:
Blood sugar normal and BP normal - very pleased :)
She didn't listen to the HB but that's OK - I have faith that all is going well. I think I've been feeling flutters and am happy enough that all is fine with wee one.
I'm getting an extra MW appt because of all the work stress I've been under - just someone to talk to. Really impressed with that, actually.

Happy days :D
xx

Congratulations! Glad it's going well :) and it's nice that they'll give you some extra attention with work and everything.

I had mine today as well, all normal and everything. I did get to hear the heartbeat though, there were some odd flashes of noise while the MW was listening and she told me that it was the baby kicking near the probe :D.

Last edited:
Awww Alexandra - your baby kicking near the probe that is SO cute!! So glad yours also went well - it's a great feeling :)

xxx

It was quite cute, especially when the MW said "ooh, you've got an active one!" I felt so proud lol.

Now I can't wait for my 20 week scan! It's only a day before yours (01/06) so hopefully we'll both have a happy start to June :)

Glad everything went well at your appt sunny! :) I didn't get to hear the HB either at my 16 wk appt, because things are still small they don't want to worry you incase they can't find it. Ohh the flutters :) exciting!! i wasn't too sure about my flutters, if they were just wind haha! When i felt my first kick i really felt it, and knew exactly what it was, plus my tummy popped out too hehe.
I think thats excellent you are getting another appt for the stress, its good to have someone to talk to, sounds like a good care system :).
I'm hopefully getting an appt tomorrow with my GP, going to ask to hear the HB if i can, and just get a check :). MW appt is not for 2 weeks, and i'm rather impatient! hehe.
Hope you are well hun xxx

Yay - fab news hunny :) Your MW sounds very helpful and it's great news that you're getting another appt - you must be chuffed! And only 3.5 weeks until your 20w scan too, you must be getting so excited!

Today (25w) is the first time the MW has let me listen to the heartbeat (hadn't heard it clearly since 11w) and I've seen her a few times too (13w, 17w). My GP did try at 22w but my little one was wriggling and kicking so I couldn't hear it clearly but MW found it first time today! Sounded very loud and strong :)

x

so glad it all went well! Great that they are looking after you well x x

That's good news, nice they are giving you an extra appointment. Thats me not seeing mw till 24 weeks! I'm under a new system apparently! Cut backs more like lol!

Got my 16 weeks appt tomorrow and really hoping to hear the heartbeat for some reassurance. Did you ask to hear it? Did your OH come with you? Mines can't get time of work so won't make it. We're only a day apart, I'm due 14th of Oct.

Got my 16 weeks appt tomorrow and really hoping to hear the heartbeat for some reassurance. Did you ask to hear it? Did your OH come with you? Mines can't get time of work so won't make it. We're only a day apart, I'm due 14th of Oct.

I think you can ask to hear it but some MW's are reluctant as baby is still quite small at 16w and they may not be able to find it, which then ends up worrying Mums even more! Deffo ask though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back