just been looking at the goverment benifits

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
i currently work 10 hours a week in a cleaning job i am going to carry on with my job threw pregnancy and after the baby is born i dont earn much but you see all the advert about how your better off to work then get benifits
NOT TRUE because i only work 10 hours and not 16 i would infact be much better off not working at all just living off benifits how stupid is that
i love my job and want to keep doing it but my bloke doesnt work hes on benifits due to an illness so money will be very tight for us compared to people just on the benifits how can they justifie that?
sorry rant over
manda x

daft isnt it hun. they did something in america where they gave all the people who had no reason not to work (ie not ill or disabled or looking after kids on their own) a deadline to get a job (which they would help with) and once that deadline was up then benfits would stop. everyone said it would be a disaster and mean more kids living in poverty etc. but it worked and they ended up with stats showing way more people in work and way less kids living in poverty.

wonder if they will ever do something like that here?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we can only hope i have nothing wrong with people living on benifits i was brought up with them but i had a crappy childhood dont no if that was the cause or not
id just rather work my bloke said its stupid aswell as he nose i love to work and earn my own money rather then it be given to me for sitting on my bum all day
manda x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back