JSA -HELP!!

jenna

Reaction score
I work full time and earn about £800 a month. My dh hasnt worked for almost 9months now and every month where getting into more and more debt. Hes just started signing on (for about 4 weeks now) and theyve messed all his application forms up so we havent recieved any benefits yet. He called them up to sort it out and they said he cant claim JSA or any other benefits because i should support him. I dont understand why because we pay £450 rent and its just not possible.

Does any one know what hes entitled to and what we can do? I cant find anything about it and on the job centre website its just confusing!!

you have 2 tell them be firm cos its the only way u get anything frm the stoopid job centre.
You cannot afford to supoort him therefore he shuld get it
im on jsa atm and i only get £45.50 a week which ur oh shuld get too but like if it was up 2 the jobcentre my mum n dad shuld be supporting me grrr
but i got on income support soon thank god cos no1s going to employ me now nearly 7 months preg ha
just keep ringing n going in
and make a point of sayin when u first claimed because he SHOULD get backdated money from when he 1st claimed

i know, i read that when i tried looking it up. Aparently he didnt pay enough NI last year to get it, although he was working full time so i dont know how that happend. :wall: He filled in another form and still couldnt get anything because i should support him. We only get £40 a month to go towards the rent and my uncle gets all his rent paid and over £200 a month and hes never even had a job before!! so when did he pay NI!!! :evil:

I get all my rent and council tax paid for me but i did work frm the age of 15-19 full time so like i dunno about this NI thing but there are 2 different types of jsa 1 for people who have worked or have savings or something like that but at the end of the day they need 2 pay your oh something because its not fair how they can pay illeagal imagrents all the money under the sun n not there own british citizens when i go 2 sign on im like always the only unchav and english speaking person LOL
u culd always get the housing benefit people 2 double check how much they pay u? as the form i filled out u had 2 write ur weekly income and all the bills u have 2 pay as well
lol

Becks_again said:
I get all my rent and council tax paid for me but i did work frm the age of 15-19 full time so like i dunno about this NI thing but there are 2 different types of jsa 1 for people who have worked or have savings or something like that but at the end of the day they need 2 pay your oh something because its not fair how they can pay illeagal imagrents all the money under the sun n not there own british citizens when i go 2 sign on im like always the only unchav and english speaking person LOL
u culd always get the housing benefit people 2 double check how much they pay u? as the form i filled out u had 2 write ur weekly income and all the bills u have 2 pay as well
lol

we had some one come and do a servey on the house and we arnt entitled to more benefits for the rent because "its an up and coming area!". Its the worst area in sheffield!!! :wall:

Its anoying me more and more that people who dont deserve it are getting it. My uncles NEVER workd and isnt seeking employment and hes getting everything! and he isnt the only one! :evil:

Jenna have you looked into 'Working tax credits'? I don't know how it works but the woman from the JS office gave me a form to fill out as i'm not entitled to JSA whilst i live with my OH as he works more than 24 hours a week.
Here is a link to find out if you are entitled and how much you should get:
http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov ... ehold.aspx

good Luck and hope you manage to get it sorted :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back