• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joe's 2 Month Anniversary Tomorrow

JamieIsabella

Reaction score
July 14th 2008 brings the two month anniversary of my baby boy's death.

Unfortunately, back in May, we lost our dear son Joe.
I don't really wish to go into detail, but his death was down to SIDS, more commonly known as cot/crib death.

Back in September, I gave birth to two fraternal babies, Grace and Joseph. They were a little small (5lb 4oz for Grace and 5lb 9oz for Joe), but I couldn't of wished for anything more beautiful. Me and my husband Matthew felt blessed, with not one, but two amazing creations who we loved so dearly.

Amazingly, back in January, I discovered I was pregnant once again, with twins.
Me and Matthew were shocked at first, but we soon came round to the idea of having 2 sets of twins.
4 kids? People said we're crazy. We said we're blessed.
We both tried to imagine ourselves with 4 kids around. It was hard to imagine at first!

Then one morning in May, we discovered that our son was taken from us and that our 4 children had been taken to three.

Grace is growing up so quickly, she's soon to be 1 years old and I can see, that a part of her went when Joe left us.
Matthew and myself have found it hard to cope with our loss.
We used to sit awake, watching our babies sleep and think of all the amazing things they would do, and amazing people they would become.

To all of you who like my family, have lost someone, my heart goes out to you, it really does.

I am so very sorry for your loss. And also welcome to the forum.

Hope the day passes as easy as possible for you and that everything is going well with your babies

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you very much for your messages.
It really means a lot to both myself and my husband.

We're still stuck for names though! :lol:

:hug: :hug:

erm...my first baby was going to be Alyssa, we had a name for our second baby but im still holding out for us getting back together and trying again lol
Bryony is also a lovely name as is Caitlin and Abigail

Good luck choosing...have a look in the name section :)

Thanks!

I've posted a thread in the name section, so hopefully people'll respond :)

That's such a sad story, I'm so so sorry for you and your husband and for Grace and your new little twin girls who will grow up without their brother, so sad. I'm thinking of you.

Lots of love and luck

Valentine Xxx

Once again, thank you so much for your messages.
You'll never understand how much the messages mean to us.

It is sad that Grace will grow up without her brother and the girls will be born not knowing their brother.
He'll always have a place in our hearts and will be talked about often.

Again, thank you for your messages.

im so sorry to read all of this i cant say i know how you feel totally losing a twin but i know what its like to lose a child,

my heart goes out to you all and i wish you a gentle few months ahead,

if you ever want to talk PM anytime :hug: :hug:

Hi and welcome, sorry to read this happend my heart really does go out to you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you.

I've just seen your signature, I'm sorry for your loss.

It's a horrible thing, losing a child. I can't understand why it has to happen.

Im so sorry for your loss. I hope you a happy and healthy pregnancy and beyond.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thinking of you x

TO ALL THAT HAVE POSTED, AND THAT WILL POST AFTER THIS MESSAGE

We truely are ever so thankful for you messages of condolence.
You'll all in our thoughts currently, and we too are sorry if you have gone through a loss such as we have.

We're always here to talk, if needed.
Jamie and Matthew Portane

Im so sorry for your loss :( :cry: :hug: Im sorry, i never know what to say :(

wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy and your two lovely LO's that are on the way :hug: :hug: :hug:

Today's Update

Today has been a hard day, knowing that 2 months have past without our Joseph.

We visited Central Park, which is close to our home and placed some flowers where we went on our first family outing as the 4 of us.
Myself and Matthew shed some tears but we know that Joe is still alive, alive in our hearts and in our minds.

We feel as if Grace knows that her brother has left us.
They say that twins are connected mentally, maybe that's true.

sounds like it was a lovely day you all had, you will never for get him and your so right he is alive in all your hearts,

2 Months Today

After visiting CP, we came home and looked through some things of his and Grace's.
We read Grace a story, the first story me and Matthew read to the two of them. They were hours old when they first heard it.

When I touch his things, I can still smell him, like he's just worn it or just touched it.

It's now 5:25pm and Grace is with her daddy.
The day is drawing to a close, we're missing him even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back