• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

job interview

sarafet

Reaction score
i have an interview tomorrow.

i'm so nervous, because it's the place where my mum works and she doesn't know i've taken a year out of uni for the lo, infact she doesn't know about the lol yet :lol:

it's an internet banking firm, and they will do a credit check, and now i'm worried i wont get it based on that as my credits been rubbish from last year, like really bad :'(

also i wasn't going to tell them i'm pg yet.. oh god what's this like.

any advice about anything, reassurance, help please :( i've never been so nervous before bc i know i really need a job, and quickly :'(

xxx

just wanted to say good luck hun
i think the credit check is to make sure your not or have been bankrupt or in serious debt enough to want to take peoples details and things
manda xx

Afaik you are not obliged to tell a prospective employer at interview you are pregnant. But you will need to notify them at some point in the not too distant future if they hire you due to health and safety assesments etc they need to carry out.

Have a read through this page as it has some interesting links and info

http://timesonline.typepad.com/alphamummy/back_to_work/index.html

Try not to worry too much. I think the credit check is more to reassure them you are not owing thousands or something due to it being a banking environment.

Good luck :hug:

Thanks ladies :hug:

I've not been bankrupt or anything :lol: Had some arrears on my store card bc I kept forgetting to pay it :lol:

lol they wont worry to much about store card arrears everyone has them :)
manda xx

Good luck hon - sure you'll do fine. My hubs works for a bank and he reckons they don't worry about things like store cards, only CCJ's and bankruptcy etc. Damn this pg thing is stressy enough without interviews!

Thanks :) Luckily I have no CCJ's either, so fingers crossed I will pass the credit check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back