Paige Louise 6/11/07

Adele

Reaction score
Baby Paige arrived 11 days overdue on november 6th weighing in at 8lbs 4oz. I was due to be induced on thursday the 8th but went into labour myself tuesday morning. I'd had a sweep the wednesday before which revealed I was already nearly 2cm dilated but the sweep itself didnt seem to trigger anything off. I'd been having the odd contraction for about 2 weeks prior but nothing came of them. I had a clear show a couple of days before I actually went into labour.

I woke up at 9am tuesday morning with a contraction, thought not alot of it as i'd had them before but then they kept coming every 4 minutes or so lasting 40 secs. I waited til about 12 and the contractions were still coming so I decided to get a shower which seemed to slow them down abit. By about 12:30 they were coming again every 3 minutes lasting about 50 secs so I got Dan to ring the hospital to find out when we should be going in, I didnt want to get there too early and be sent home again as its a 25 minute drive and with Chloe I had a long labour. The midwife said I should start to make my way there so at about 1 Dan called for an ambulance as we had no other form of transport, they arrived about 15 minutes later and the contractions were getting quite painful so I had a small canister of gas and air on the ambulance journey there and had finished it just as they wheeled me up to delivery suite. We got there at about 2pm and I was 4-5cm dilated and given more gas and air and left to plod about for abit. The midwife came back and examined me again at about 5:30pm and I was only 6cm so she broke my waters. From then things went pretty fast and was very intense, I was getting the urge to push by about 6:20pm and she was born at 6:39pm and I didn't need any stitches.

Me and Dan were left with her for a good couple of hours to bond, but the midwife noticed she had a high temp at birth and was still pretty high a couple of hours later so called for a paedeatrition to check her. As high temp could be a sign of infection they wanted to do some blood tests on her to make sure she didnt have one and put her on antibiotics for 48 hours while they waited for the results to come back just incase she did have an infection which is why we stayed in hospital for so long. They kept monitering her temp which was perfectly normal from then on and the results came back negative on thursday night so we got to go home friday.

Shes the spit of her big sister and is doing really well :)

259.jpg

WOW look at all that hair! She's gorgeous Adele, well done :hug:

Congrats :cheer:

I'm sorry we didn't get to see you in hospital, but we'll have to catch up soon :)

She's lovely, and well done you on a quick, stitch free, big-baby labour :cheer:

x

:cheer: Congratulations! She is adorable! Look at all that hair! Gorgeous!

Welcome little Paige Louise! :wave: :hug:

A big congratulations to all the family. She is beautiful. xxx

congratulations on your gorgeous little princess :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back