Hollie Louise 4/09/08 born @ 10.42 am weighing 8lb 3oz

sarah12

Reaction score
Before you read on I must warn you its rather a long post sorry - I got carried away and cant shorten it anymore!!!! :oops:

*Thankyou*

Firstly I would like to say a big thankyou to all of you lovely ladies on the forum who have given me support and encouragement throughout my journey to motherhood, i had been ttc for a year before it finally happened for us, i thought that i would never get pg, my ttc buddy was vicky(tink) so i would like to say thanks vicky for being there when i was down and thought i was never going to conceive, and when I needed you most. My pg buddy is lisa282 so i would like to say thanks Lisa you are great and dont know what i would have done without you to post my labour thread and your good advice and mainly someone to chat to on msn!!

*Birth Story*

Wednesday 3/09/08

Well it all started when my waters broke on the Wednesday morning (3/9/08), i had been awake most of Tuesday night because i couldnt get comfy and i had terrible back ache, i drifted off too sleep and awoke when my DH got up to go to work at 5.45am, i climbed out of bed and waddled downstairs and made myself a brew! i took it back to bed with me and was messing with my new mobile phone and i thought i had wet the bed cause i just felt wet on my legs and all the bedsheet was wet through!! so i went to the loo and it was still trikiling*sp* down my legs!! when it had finally stopped i found a maternity pad and went to ring the labour ward at the hospital, i spoke to a midwife on the ante natal day assesment unit and she told me to go in and see them at 10.30am so i phoned my DH and he came straight home, i got ready and off we went to the hospital, when i got there i was hooked up to the machine to monitor the babies heartbeat for 20 mins, the midwife came back and said that she would book me in to be induced on the Friday morning if i didnt start labour naturally, we went home again, by about 2.30 pm my contractions had started and were about 20 minutes apart so i rang labour ward again and the midwife told me to have a hot bath and take some paracetomol and if I couldnt bear the pain any longer i had to ring up and let them know i was on my way back to the hospital, so i went for a bath and had two paracetomols. The bath definately helped to relax me a little so i took some paracetomol and went downstairs again, by now it was about 4pm and my contractions had come back stronger and more painful so i rang the labour ward again and they told me to go back. I got to the labour ward and went straight into a delivery room and was hooked up to the monitor again for 20 mins, the midwife also did a spectulum on me (think its kinda like a sweep) and she said the baby wasn,t distressed or anything but they still couldnt admit me to hospital- she gave me a choice either to stay on the ward or go home again but on the ward i would be left on my own after 10pm so i said i would rather go home again, she prescribed me some cocodomol and sent me home. I got home about 5pm and i managed to relax a bit on the settee, at 8pm the contractions were even stronger and about 3mins apart so i rang the labour ward yet again! this time they told me to come back and i would be taken straight into the delivery suite, my DH drove me there again (the journey seemed like the longest journey of my life!!!!!) and at 10pm I was outside doubling up in pain waiting to get through the door!! (you have to press a buzzer for them to let you in!!) A Midwife called C came to the door and let me in, i was asked if I wanted pain releif and i just said gas and air, 20 mins later C came back and said i was 5cm dilated, she then hooked me up to machine again to monitor my contractions and the baby, she kept coming back at 20 minute intervals throughout the night to update my notes etc, sometimes she would bring a doctor or another midwife with her to check on me.

Thursday 4/09/08

At about 6am i was about 8cm dilated and my DH asked what we was aiming for and she said 10cm!! so i had quite a way to go, after pushing for about an hour at 9am i was finally 10cm dilated, the doctor and Vicky another midwife told me to carry on pushing so i did and by 10am nothing was happening so the doctor decided it was time for her to help the baby out with the forceps, they strapped my legs up in the stirrups and got started!!(you loose all dignity giving birth!! lol), at 10.30 her head was out and i only had one more push to go then her shoulders came out and the rest of her body, it was 10.42 exactly when she was born!! hooray!! the placenta came out 5 mins later and i was that numb down below i didnt even feel it come out!!! Hollie was given her vitamin K injection, weighed then placed on my chest, she was gorgeous, i couldnt believe she was mine!! i bonded with her straight away so did my DH, he held her and couldnt hold back his tears of happiness!! i then fed her, the doctor stitched me up down below (very painful!!) and by 11.15 I was ready to be wheeled up to the ward after our lovely tea and toast!!!

I stayed in hospital for one night and was discaharged Friday night to go home and enjoy our beautiful baby Daughter, i woudnt change anything for the world, she is as good as gold!! :)

Here are a few me pictures for you to look at

HollieLouise014.jpg

HollieLouise013.jpg

HollieLouise010.jpg

Sarah and Hollie Louise xxxxx

Congratulations again sweetie, I have been waiting to hear all the details!! :hug: Its been a pleasure following you through your pregnancy and having the priveledge to announce your birth! :dance: Sounds like they put you through it a little at the end, but you sound like you coped really well, Im so pleased for you! :hug: Well done hun, she is really beautiful, hope you enjoy motherhood as much as me! :hug:

Congratulations! :cheer:
Welcome to the world baby Hollie :wave:

CONGRATULATIONS MUMMY & BABY GIRL.

WELL DONE YOU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member