• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack jones?

Kirstieplus1

Reaction score
I love the name Jack but my surname is Jones.

What do you guys think of the name Jack Jones... Would it be really bad if I called bubs this?
Do you think he would have p*ss taken out of him?

I didn't think of it as a problem and hadnt heard of the saying myself... Only what my parents have said.

Make a pregnancy ticker

I'm assuming the saying you are talking about is on your Jack Jones which just means to be alone or on your own. If this is all it is I wouldn't worry about it at all, but it it is also slang for something ruder then I would maybe think twice about it because kids will find out about any rude slang especially with the internet. I have ruled out John Thomas if we have a boy!!

I love the name Jack but my surname is Jones.

What do you guys think of the name Jack Jones... Would it be really bad if I called bubs this?
Do you think he would have p*ss taken out of him?

I didn't think of it as a problem and hadnt heard of the saying myself... Only what my parents have said.]

Hey, my brother is jack jones & never had the mick taken out of him. He's 17 now & just wears jack jones clothing ALL the time. His friends think its a cool name :)

its cockney rhyming slang, I wouldnt do it myself. I think kids can be cruel sometimes! xx

I'd go for it! There are alot more hurtful things kids could say than Jack Jones!! Kids are evil and if thats all they'd come up with he'd probably just laugh it off!

Not that i'm biased about the name Jack or anything! :) x

I too know it as slang to mean being on your own.

Although Jack is a lovely name :)

xxxxxxxxx

I never knew it was slang for anything - all it means to me is it's the name of some old crooner who my nana went to see in Liverpool recently!

children find a reason to pick, so if they pick his name , thats ok! lol children can be very cruel but i dont think he'll care! i personally love it! :D xx

I think I would avoid it as children can be cruel. I actually think it's a cool name, it's just the meaning of it that's off putting x

Go for it, my hubby is called Jack Jones , he does get that comment - ha on your own Jack Jones!! But only buy the older generations actually, and he's not really young, he is 37 now.

He has great initials JJ , (so do I!)

He also has some great T-shirts from the Jack Jones shop in Cardiff!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back