• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jabs / still not himself

charlotte_

Reaction score
zach had his jabs on monday and ever since he's not been 'right', he's been crying a lot more and he sounds like he's in proper pain, it's more of a scream than a cry, there's no consoling him and he won't cuddle/take his dummy. he's been sleeping through in his cot for a few weeks now, but last night he would not go in his cot, so i put him in with me to get some rest and he didn't fall asleep until 2am, he kept nodding off but after a few minutes he'd wake up screaming (sounding like he was in pain), then he woke up at 5 and 8, screaming again.

he's not had a nap all day, i know he's knackered and he's still screaming :(
he doesn't have a temperature, so he shouldn't have calpol should he? my OH is proper pissing me off cause he keeps saying 'just give him the calpol, he's ill, he needs calpol' :wall:

Calpol can help with pain relief too. Its probably bruising in his legs id give him Calpol.

Ollie took a good week to get over his jabs.. we have the next set tomorrow.. im dreading it.

Im never happy about giving calpol (dunno why) so not sure if you should or not. I gave him a spoonful when we got back but that was it.

Will take note as to what advice you get on here,

Claire x

Hi hun..i Really feel for u...
I was adviced to use cold compressions alternating it with warm for 5 min every 6 hours or so..as this reduces swelling and thus reduces pain...
try the cold compression as my LO used to really feel calm when I put it on his legs after his jab...I also used tylenol suppo even though there was no fever...(he doesn't like calpol) the suppo or calpol will help with the pain and also avoids fever...I only used it for 2 days and that's it!

hope he feels well soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back