Weight gain during pregnancy

toni64539

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Hoping I'm not on my own here. With my first baby I put on a stone and a half and after having him I really struggled to lose the last 7 pounds so now I'm pregnant again but half a stone heavier than I was when I first got up the spout. Now I know it's dangerous to diet but I don't want to put on loads of unnecessary weight either, but already I'm struggling cos I keep thinking what's the point, I'm gonna be fat anyway etc but I really don't want to be huuuuuuuge cos after this one I really think I'll struggle. Plus stretch marks etc. Is anyone else feeling the same? Or does anyone have any eating plans for pregnancy etc? I would love some healthy eating support buddies!!!

Thanks in advance xxx

You only need to eat an extra 200 calories, which is the equivalent of 2 pieces of granary toast with butter. The phrase 'eating for two' is a myth. As long as you eat a healthy balanced diet and keep active it should be easier x

I know babyem, I know your not suppose to eat more till last trimester and even the. It's only suppose to be like a couple of slices of toast extra or something but my appetite has gone mad!!!! How do I stop? Lol x

If your hungry try and turn to things like celery or carrot sticks, or if you have to, fruit. I know it's easier said than done but you have to think not just about loosing that weight, but about the gestational diabetes and the babies birth weight which can be affected by your weight gain.

I sit here some days looking at the clock until my next meal time, and its a killer because I am a fussy eater and allergic to lot's of foods, but I daren't eat a lot of foods because of it upsetting my blood sugars and because I really don't want the weight gain (I am already big enough)

I feel the same hun, I was over joyed when I got my bfp but my next thought was I am gona be a whale after baby is born and have already planned a diet and excise routine for after. I dont want my partner to see me just as thw mother to his children, I wud still like to b found attractive. I am currently suffering from sickness so so I am mot putting on weight infact I have lost a couple of pounds which o have been told by now I should be putting it but its just not possible. Although I feel better sometimes once I have eaten and found my self eating all day to keep the sickness feeling at bay ( its not long before it come back up ) but like others have said snack on fruit and veggie sticks. For me the juices are quite satsifing :)

Thanks guys. Yeah, I mean it's not like I'm humongous, I'm 9.7 but only 5ft 3, it's just avoiding ballooning, like you said, eating all day to keep sickness at bay. But then I'm thinking, well not drinking must help, I mean one bottle of wine is 1000 calories so that must help a bit, I'll just try keep an eye on the snacking and go for something healthy

Hey hun I lost a stone in the couple of months running up to my pregnancy, so when I found I was pregnant I was determined to carry on as I was. Then the sickness started. Now all I can eat is crusty bread rolls with loads of butter cheese, and salt n vinegar crisp. I tried to eat a bowelof fat free yogurt with chopped fruit in t last but it just doesn't taste right. So, for now I'm just going to indulge and then when this trimester is over back on my healthy eating I go, grilled fish and veg, snacking on houmous and cucumber, eating everything I was before but just not doing my intense work out. Once you've got your mind frame right you'll find it really easy, plus Its better for the baby to get all that good stuff and my last baby was 10lb 5, and I'm not that big really so I hoping not to beat that record lol. One thing though, don't deprive yourself enjoy your pregnancy and allow yourself treats. I kinda think thats the one big perk to being pregnant ;-) xx

10.5!!!! Wow! Well done you!!! I had my son 6 weeks early an e was 5lb so if I go to term this time I might be having a ten pounder : / yikes!!!! Thanks for words of encouragement x x

Hi Ladies

Hoping I'm not on my own here. With my first baby I put on a stone and a half and after having him I really struggled to lose the last 7 pounds so now I'm pregnant again but half a stone heavier than I was when I first got up the spout. Now I know it's dangerous to diet but I don't want to put on loads of unnecessary weight either, but already I'm struggling cos I keep thinking what's the point, I'm gonna be fat anyway etc but I really don't want to be huuuuuuuge cos after this one I really think I'll struggle. Plus stretch marks etc. Is anyone else feeling the same? Or does anyone have any eating plans for pregnancy etc? I would love some healthy eating support buddies!!!

Thanks in advance xxx

Hi Toni - I am at about the same stage of pregnancy as you and know exactly how you feel! A couple of years ago I lost 3 1/2 stone with weight watchers. Over the past year I then gained 2 stone, and I had only just returned to weight watchers about 6 weeks ago when I discovered I was pregnant lol. I had lost half a stone before getting pregnant but not as much as I would have liked. I went to the WW meeting this week to tell them my news and say goodbye to them again lol. But I am determined to still keep to a healthy diet as much as possible. I used to have a big fruit salad for breakfast most days and a ham salad at lunch time. Now I have a slice of wholemeal toast with my fruit in the morning and have been eating ham sandwiches for lunch instead of salad as I found I was still very hungry! Evening meals are a bit hit and miss at the moment as I'm too exhausted to plan and cook something healthy so I am snacking or going to the chippy lol.
I have just bought a Book on ebay called 'what to eat when you're pregnant' - cant wait to get it :) I will let you know if it's worth getting once it has arrived. I am also happy to be a healthy eating support buddy if you want to? :)

Last edited:
Yay! Thanks Katkin! That book sounds good, yeah let me know if it's worth a read!

I'm overweight now as it is.

I've actually been a little worried as for the last week I've not wanted anything fatty and just craved fruit and gotten full quite quick.

So I've actually lost a lb in the last week and as I am very very keen to eat fresh and healthy food I expect I probably will lose a bit more weight too as my body's used to having a takeaway at the weekend and oven pizzas at least once a week.

I figure though eating healthy food and losing a pound or two of fat is better than gaining weight and eating greasy carbs.

I know babyem, I know your not suppose to eat more till last trimester and even the. It's only suppose to be like a couple of slices of toast extra or something but my appetite has gone mad!!!! How do I stop? Lol x

I think as long as you choose healthy options like fruit, veg, nuts etc then it's not too bad. Fruit contains alot of sugar though so maybe watch how much. x

Best things to eat to make you feel full is lots or pasta and rice. Rice is a real good and healthy bulking food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back