Its tempting

lisey27

Reaction score
Hello all,

I miscarried naturally 2 saturdays ago, I went for a scan on friday just gone to confirm that everything had passed. It has. Well the lady that did the scan said she could see by the lining of my womb that I am mid-cycle and that I should expect a period in two weeks. Well I have had loads of EWCM (more than had in years) and its so tempting to DTD and try straight away as I am sure I am around ov time...is this wise? what is the reason they say to wait one period? is it cos its not safe or just that its hard to figure out dates?
Any help, advice, personal experiences, opinions welcome, thanks ladies xx

Hi lisey,

Firstly sorry for your loss xx There is lots of stuff you can read some say wait until at least after your first af.
I asked my doc and you can try straight away there is no risk associated with another mc say if you became pg before your first AF is due after your mc. I mmc'd end of Aug now in a 2-3 week wait. My doc said only reason is to wait after mc until first AF it makes it easier to date.

I just decided to be intimate because I wanted to but everyone is different. Good luck xxx

Most importantly it's when you feel ready :)

Hey hun, so sorry for your loss. I'm currently going through a mmc so know how u feel. I'm not sure why they say to wait, I think its to allow your body to recover but I think its a personal choice for u to ttc again whenever u feel ready! Good luck xxxx

Thanks to both of you for your replies xx I am just worried that I would be at higher risk of another mc, I feel ready to try again but there is so much info that has conflicting answers. Is it really only because of dating the pregnancy that they say to wait? Xx

From what the doc told me yes but others have been advised to wait by their docs. I have same concerns but now I am in 2ww so if there is a bfp will just have to see what happens :)

There are success stories on here of ladies who have gone full term after mc and then of with no AF in between. Im sure waiting is a good thing because you know your body has returned to normal but I have dtd over ov (I think) so I can't back out now... Either way bfp or AF is good sign! Good luck to whatever you decide xxX

I've never heard of any other reason other than your body recovering and u recovering mentally but I think its just advice rather than a definite requirement! Its whatever suits u best but iv heard of lots of ladies who hav had a bfp right after MC. Personally, we are going to wait a while xxxx

Lisey you do whatever you feel best doing hun. There are a lot of girls who have fallen quickly after mc but it's obviously never guaranteed. Maybe getting back to some kind of normality and intimacy would be good healing for you both xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks babybrain, thats what I was thinking.
We have discussed it and by the research we have done-there doesnt seem to be an increased risk so we are going to just see what happens. We will not actively try before next period but if it happens then it happens and if not we will try properly next time. I have read alot of success stories but I am not pinnning my hopes on falling quickly but wanted to know the possible implications.
Thanks so much for all your help and advice and Keira0 i hope you are doing ok and sorry that you are going through this too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back