itchy

missac

Reaction score
anyone else itchy? shoulders mostly and legs at night time. Do I have fleas or am I normal?

lol thats totaly normal. When I shave my legs I find I itch the most... drive OH mad with my constant itching :lol:

I have the itchiest bbs in the world!!
1369.gif
Its the skin stretching on bb's, belly & thighs that makes them itchy, but when you shave it does itch as the hair grows back too! - Brilliant!

Me toooooo, it's foul isn't it! Some of it is also linked to hormonal changes, as well as skin stretchingand if the itching gets very bad on your palms and bottom of the feet it can be linked to obststric cholestasis. There's a huge thread on this forum about it, but it is a very rare condition. Your gp can prescribe emoliants, mild steroid creams etc to help with the itching, yesterday I got some promethezine anti histamine to help with it. It's the same ah that is prescribed for morning sickness so I assume it is safe to use whilst pregnant. This itching is making my life an absolute misery atm, no sleep for me, and my existing eczema is flaring also, so I feel for you ladies. Wishing us all sleepy, itch-free nights!

yes i am itching all over and have little heat itchy bumps and its driving me mad!! especially on the back of my thighs.

crikey gingerpig, I don't have it as bad as you what a nightmare!

It's only really my boobs that itch, actually they drive me crazy with the itching half the time, especially if i'm at work - can hardly get my hand inside the bra to have a good old scratch now can i! Cue plenty of loo visits for scratching during the day!

put loads of cream on your itchy bits - it could be your skin stretching as mentioned and if you keep it moisterised it will just help with the itch and will help your skin a bit xx

Itchiness is all part and parcel of being pregnant what with all the stretching skin and increased blood supply!

But it might be worth mentioning it to your MW at your next appt as later in pregnancy itching can be a sign of OC which is a liver disorder that can make your baby very poorly.

Im sure your itching at this stage is simply due the factors I mentioned above because you are only 16 weeks and not in late pregnancy, but I was very itchy a few weeks ago and Jo, another member pointed OC out to me to make me aware. The more people that are aware the more it can be diagnosed and treated!!

Check out the sticky in the 3rd Trimester for more info.

missac said:
crikey gingerpig, I don't have it as bad as you what a nightmare!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, but on the other hand because I've always been itchy, it's probably not as much a shock to me as it is for all of you, which I think is probably worse. After all pregnancy is a time when we're supposed to bloom, and it's not nice to feel like we're getting hayfever from it lolololol.

Aqueaous cream is a super thick emoliant you can get over the counter at pharmecies, or else there are things like epaderm, or just emolliant on it's own. These are all really thick, but if you apply them to damp skin (when you're just out the bath/shower) it's lovely! Does get a bit greasy though. Oatmeal and sodium bicarbonate in baths are also supposed to help.

thanks gingerpig, if it gets any worse I will bear it in mind, now I have started itching thinking about it!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back