Itchy rash... driving me crazy!!!!

Valley Girl

Reaction score
I have seen the 'itch itch itch' thread on here and I'm quite relieved that it isn't just me that's itching. The trouble is I have also gotten myself a rash and I don't know what to do with it!!

It started on my neck and shoulders but has travelled round to my chest now, the back is getting better.

I went to the doctor and he gave me some anti-biotics saying he thought it was a small skin infection, caused by a hair folical or something.

The trouble is they aren't working and the rash is red and looks like little spots... like tinjy white heads some of them. I don't know whether to try canesten cream on them, I think this is safe isn't it? Or can I use a cream like anthisan with a mild antihistamine in it? I know some of you have mentioned piriton but I don't know if that is safe.

I would love some help!! Even if there's just someone else out there who is suffering unknown rashes!

Mines a red rash thats gone a bit scabby because I scratch it till it bleeds I know discusting.

I went chenist and I got E45 itch relief cream. It seems to be doing its job.

You could try Aloe Vera. I have got an aloe vera plant. They are so
easy to look after and the gel inside the leaves is amazing, will sooth an itchy rash in seconds :dance:
Can be used on anything and is completly natural without any chemicals.

My Mum always used to put calamine (sp?) lotion on our gnat bites when we were little and that soothed the itching. Presuming it's safe, that might help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back