It would be so much easier if........

Mummy-D

Reaction score
We had a really obvious sign that we were ovulating!! Like your tongue turns blue or something lol!! My last period started on 17th of June so have been baby dancing every 2nd day since tuesday as i have no idea how long my luteal phase is. This is only my 2nd month ttc so i dont want to or feel it neccessary to start using opk's, but i just dont think i really have any signs that i am ovulating. i have never noticed the ewcm but maybe i just didnt know to look for it....sorry if tmi but is it really obvious? i dont know if i ever feel cramps when i am ovulating either.....sorry if i am going on. It has took me 6 yrs since the birth of my ds for me to feel ready to try for another baby AND I WANT IT TO HAPPEN NOW!! lol

I really noticed the cramps when I OV'd, they were mild and similar to AF pains but more of a tugging pain if that makes sense. I didn't have any EWCM....

Keep at it I reckon!

I felt exactly like you, I had never felt myself OV, never noticed a change in discharge etc etc. First two or three months we just let nature be.... then I bought some OV tests and used them whilst still baby dancing every other day.. it did help and when the tested showed positive to OV I did notice my discharge change.... I dont think I would have noticed if I hadn't done the test :lol:

I wish our tongues would turn blue when we ov it would make life so much easier and im very much like you I WANT IT NOW :lol:

i think i will see how we get on this month and next if need be then i might think about getting the opk. Do you get them from ebay?

Yeah I got them from ebay, got a mixed bag where u can choose how many of each you want. I bought a 25 mix I think :think: I got 10 preg tests and 15 OV tests... I bought them from the seller "FertilityPlan" who others on the site recommended.... they weren't expensive I think they were about 99p plus £2.99 postage...

It def helped me and was buzzing when I got a positive OV strip.... :lol:

Me too, my cycle was soooooo long I'd given up hope, but when I got my mild cramps and had a feeling I was OV I ran home and POAS and the buzz of a positive was incredible!!!

The OV tests and reading the book helped me to understand my female body alot better.. there is so much in that book that you should know about yr own body n I was shocked that I didnt :lol:

It was like a feeling of YES i am OVin look at the stick :rotfl: IM A LADY :rotfl:

I have AF like pains when i ovulate and I can virtually pinpoint the exact moment (however this hasnt seemed to get a result so far!!) Also EWCM is very noticeable a few days before ovulation. Its weird because before we were TTC i always wondered why i kept having these pains in the middle of the month.. now i know! :D

MrsBrightside said:
Its called

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

such a brilliant read, there is so much I didnt know about my body.... it a great read

heres the link to it on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taking-Char...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214751240&sr=1-1

theres loads of stuff in there that to be honest as women we should have been told at school :rotfl:

i recommend it too i used it when ttc DS 2 years ago and after i read it we concieved within 4 months, i also can't recommend the cough medicine as well. it really made my CM much more wetter and easier for the spermies to get to the egg, we concieved the first month i was on that.

wheni ovulate i too get the dragging pain in my lower abdomen and i have noticed the ewcm but only since i knew what i was looking for and got more in tune with my body from the book.

good luck xx :pray:

i'll have to find the thread from way back but basically there is an ingrediant in some cough medicines (mainly chesty coughs) called guiefistan (thats the wrong spelling but something like that!) and it makes your CM more wetter. you take it for 3 or 4 days around ovulation i think its 5-10mls 3 or 4 times a day and it really works. when i was ttc first time around it worked for so many people and i really can't recommend it enough, i will try to find some info and post again x

this is a section taken from loolas sticky about charting and checking cm etc at the top of this forum x hope it helps

What is Robitussin used for?
Robitussin is a brand name of a product that is based on guaifenesin, an expectorant. There are other guaifenesin based cough syrups also (Equate also has one). It is used in TTC to thin the CM mucus to make it more sperm-friendly. 1-2 tsp. twice daily until ovulation. Make sure the product only contains guaifenesin without added decongestants or antihistamines, which could dry your CM.
BEWARE:Dextromethorphan, an ingredient in some cough medicines, may cause birth defects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back