Isabella Oliver - BE WARNED!!!!

Sunnyb

Reaction score
I put a post in last week advertising the Isabella Oliver sale. Before you purchase anything from them BE WARNED. I bought a strapless top for a meal out reduced from £59 to £29.50, but as I have a couple of events coming up thought it was an ok price for a dressy top. We went out for a meal on Saturday night & I was squeezing fresh lemon juice onto my meal & some sprayed onto my top. I dabbed it with a napkin & was horrified to see all the colour come out where it had sprayed in a matter of seconds. We were away for the weekend & Isabella Oliver was closed, so I decided not to do anything to the top (in case they wanted to check it themselves to see it was lemon juice that had bleached it).
I contacted them yesterday morning & I was told lemon juice is a bleaching agent & that my query would have to be passed to quality control to deal with. I asked surely it shouldn't bleach it so quickly & I would have thought it should be colourfast fabric. The reply I received was that it was probably the type of fabric used.
Why use a fabric that will damage so easily? Especially for maternity wear when big bellies get in the bloody way eh? I am still awaiting a response from them & was told it would be today. I am hoping they will exchange my top as it's only viscose & elastin so can't be expensive to produce. Less than me to buy it! If they do not get their finger out & resolve it I shall be adding to this post later in today. So if you are thinking of buying from Isabella Oliver - hang fire & I'll let you know what their aftercare is like, should anything be wrong with your purchase!!!

Sunnyb xxx

Did you have any luck? I'd be seriously unimpressed if something as innocuous as a squirt of lemon juice ruined a brand new £30 top like!

They have offered a credit note as a "gesture of goodwill" but not a refund. The top I bought is now discontinued & out of stock. So I'm now going to have to contribute more money to buy a different top at full price. Not overly impressed as the fabric is exactly the same as the one that got bleached. They said they are not obliged to refund me as lemon is a natural bleaching agent, but they will do on this occasion for me. Consumer Direct have told me that they have done enough. But I personally feel very disappointed in the choice of fabric Isabella Oliver choose to use & their extortionate prices! I will get my credit note, purchase another top & then make sure I never shop with them again. My experience with them has now been tainted & to be honest I have bought cheaper clothes that have been better & had better Customer Service from cheaper shops too!

Sunnyb xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back