Toddler Drinks

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Eveadel, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Eveadel

Eveadel Well-Known Member

I only give water to Isabella that has been boiled, just really carried on from when she was a young baby. I do add a little juice.

My DH and I only drink bottled water so think it is unfair to give her tap water. Can she have bottled water?

2. mary70

mary70 Well-Known Member

i give Hannah bottled water when we are away so i dont see why not, she just has tap water at home

3. Eveadel

Eveadel Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I remember reading somewhere that bottled water had a high level of something (sorry cant remember what it is) and it should not be given to babies. So now she is a toddler is that ok??? As she will have it every day?

4. mary70

mary70 Well-Known Member

i dont know about every day hun but my daughter had it for the 14 days we were on holiday, maybe ask your hv, but tap water is perfectly ok for lo to have and alot cheaper

5. Nicky_Jones

Nicky_Jones Well-Known Member

I can't remember now whether it was 6months or 12months when you can give them straight tap water. I know we have been giving Ellie tap water for a long while now. We tend to drink filtered water, but I heard somewhere we shouldn't give this to Ellie but I don't know when she can have that? She has had it occasionally as she sometimes demands some of my drink.