• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is your baby engaged? if so when did they ?

Duds

Reaction score
Just got back from MW and baby is almost fully engaged which is what i was hoping and thought. :)
Apprantly the pain i have been getting is early labour signs but doesnt mean too much as can go on for a while & being a 2nd pg the pains are apprantly worse.

Just wondering those of you that are due any time soon if baby is engaged, if so when and how far?

I had a scan and hospital appointment at 28 weeks and the doc said bubs was engaged then.

I'm hoping on my next appointment it'll be engaged :pray: I'm probably wishing for it too early, but really. The twinging pain is doing my head in now!

Hi

I believe he was engaged at about 34 weeks.
I cant believe you are full term now youll have your LO before you know it!!
Katrina

maybe i have a while yet then.... i know you just cant tell. I thought i heard that they engage later second time round and born soon after...

Maybe i'll have to resort to a bit of nookie ! :lol:

second thoughts really dont think i could bear it! :shakehead:

How is everything going kelso ? have you posted any pics yet?!!!

x

How can they tell if LO is engaged? Is it by just feeling?

When I had the scan at 36 weeks they said LO's head was "well down" but no one has mentioned whether it's "engaged" or not. :think: I'm confused.

what does it feel like when head is engaged. over past 3 days i have had an achy feelin in pelvis and i need to go to the toilet waaaayyyy more than usual, even tho half the time its just a dribble lol :oops:

got a mw appointment next wed she shud b able tell me then.

xxxxx

kimheath said:
what does it feel like when head is engaged. over past 3 days i have had an achy feelin in pelvis and i need to go to the toilet waaaayyyy more than usual, even tho half the time its just a dribble lol :oops:

got a mw appointment next wed she shud b able tell me then.

xxxxx

It sounds like it might be, i think it just feels more squashed up 'down there' too

Sabrina said:
How can they tell if LO is engaged? Is it by just feeling?

When I had the scan at 36 weeks they said LO's head was "well down" but no one has mentioned whether it's "engaged" or not. :think: I'm confused.

Yes it is by feeling where the head is but i dont know if they can tell from a scan also - it wouldnt suprise me. they actually said to me she was "well down" too so i said what engaged & she said oh yes so i imagine your bubs is too.

kimheath - They are some of the signs of engagement but i think its quite early for 30wks but its def quite poss still. Also iv found you get alot more pain down there and a real pressure, like the baby's just going to pop out for a sec and say hello!

How does it feel? is it uncomfy?

I only ask as our female side of the family has a big history for babies to engage 30-31 weeks, apparently to do with us being tall, the baby has more room :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back